combining 2 722 tv out to back feed in house cable network

wpsirois

Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Maine

I just upgraded to two 722's. Previously I had a single 625 which TV1 fed my main TV and TV 2 went through a signal booster and into a series of splitters to distribute the TV2 out throughout the house. I have set up the 722 that replaced the 625 to do the same thing. The second 722 Location required running a new cable from the new dish to the receiver as my in house wiring was RG59 not RG6. I want to be able to send the tv 2 out signal back through the origninal cable that fed that TV to the series of splitters. From everything I have read I should be able to set the have the tv1 and tv 2 output on seperate channels from the 1st 722 say 21 and 27 and have the same thing happen from the second 722 but on channels 60 and 69 and be able to tune any TV to those channels and pick up what is being sent out on those channels. I have tried every combination of bidirectional splitters to make this work and when both signals are combined it affects the signal from the first dvr slightly but the signal on 60 and 69 is extremely snowy. If I just output the 21 and 27 from the first 722 it distributes fine, even better picture than from my old 625. I can connect the coax that originally fed the tv at the location of the second 722 directly to the coax on the tv in that room put the tv on 21 and 27 and the picture is great. I have the TV one output to the HDMI port on the same TV. IF I try to combine the output from TV2 and feed it into that coax going to the TV and essentially back to the other spltiters It degrades the picture on 21 and 27 and 50 and 69 is very snowy.

Any suggestions. Would it be better to back feed throught the Triplexer that came with the 722 which has the input for TV2 and then pull that signal back out and combine with the output from TV2 from the first 722 and then distribute it through the house? If so how would I do that. Both feeds from the satelite come into my basement to a duplex grounding coupler. One feed then goes out to the first 722 triplexer and into the reciever and the second feed goes back ouside and up to the second floor room to the second 722 triplexer. Could I pull out the signal somehow at that coupler and then combine it with the first 722 TV2 and distribute it through the house?

My goal is to be able to access either DVR from any TV in the house. I have about 6 UHF remotes that I can program to either DVR so I will essentially have two remotes at every TV one for each DVR. By putting the TV on one of the four channels I have a multitude of options.

Thanks,​

External Hard Drive

622 no HDMI/GoogleTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)