Columbus And Pittsburgh; In The Same Spotbeam?

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
I was just curious, are Pittsburgh and Columbus, Ohio in the same spotbeam area? I know Pittsburgh's HD locals are on the 118.5 which I cannot "see," in Columbus, Ohio but I was wondering if it was within the spotbeam for Pittsburgh. Thanks.

Last edited:
I was just curious, are Pittsburgh and Columbus, Ohio in the same spotbeam area? I know Pittsburgh's HD locals are on the 118.5 which I cannot "see," in Columbus, Ohio but I was wondering if it was within the spotbeam for Pittsburgh. Thanks.

Nevermind, after doing some research I found this http://jameslong.name/spots/2599-29s09-09.gif So does this mean if I "moved" to Pittsburgh I could get their locals, but I couldn't get their locals in HD because they are on the 118 satellite? I will be using a 1000.2 dish pointed at 110/119/129.

That IS pathetic. Even backing up to jameslong.name and then back to the GIF doesn't work....

JayPSU: You're right, if Columbus is in the same spotbeam as Pittsburgh, you will be able to get non-HD locals by "moving" to a Pittsburgh address. You won't get the HD channels unless you get a dish that points at 118.7.

622 l406?

Software

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)