CM 1.2m dish specifications

Status
Please reply by conversation.
zodiak said:
This is simply not true. Without LNB (but with arms) the dish registers at about 14 kg, which is less than 31 lbs. Standard Az/El mout is about 5 kg (11 lbs) more, and there are custom solutions that could reduce the mount's weight.

That makes it about 5-6 pounds lighter than Fortec dish.

My dish is the plastic version and without anything attached I would say it weighs about 10-15 pounds. If I want to keep it light then I will have to lighten up the mount. The only problem I see with this dish is there will be on hell of a wind-load on the mount/motor/pole.

Does the material have any effect on dish's performance?! Comparing specs for Channelmaster 1.2 and Fortec 1.2 dishes:

Channelmaster - c band gain = 32 dB - ku band gain = 42 dB
Fortec - c band gain = 32.78 dB - ku band gain = 43.32 dB

zodiak said:
This is simply not true. Without LNB (but with arms) the dish registers at about 14 kg, which is less than 31 lbs. Standard Az/El mout is about 5 kg (11 lbs) more, and there are custom solutions that could reduce the mount's weight.

The sg2100 is rated for 24 lbs, I know the channelmaster I was bidding on ebay was around 25kg so at 2.2lbs per kg...... It sounds like its a different dish. I see the pic posted shows a channelmaster that is capable of sending and receiving, not sure if thats the main difference or not. Also the one I was bidding on was quite a few years old.

At any rate, I guess it would be, At your own risk. 14 kg's is 30.8 pounds, so 6.8 pounds over and considering that the sg2100 has plastic gears (not sure about the HH motor), I know I'd be carefull.

Just making sure someone doesn't cook a motor, because if that happened to me, I'd be pissed.

Sharris, you are 100% correct. Once I get everything on my dish, I will weigh it and see how far over I am. If I have to get the HH120 than that's what I will do. In the mean time, I will just pole mount it and see what I can get. Oh, the replacement lnb arms came in the mail today. I am impressed. I orderder them on Monday.

Well here are a few pictures of my setup. Cascade was the inspiration for the micro-BUD. I am using a Coolsat Pro and am getting 73 quality on G10R. My polar mount will be here next week and then I will add my 18" actuator and will use the VBox to control it.

Attachments

• Sat 011 (Small).jpg
    Sat 011 (Small).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Sat 013 (Small).jpg
    Sat 013 (Small).jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 181
  • Sat 012 (Small).jpg
    Sat 012 (Small).jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Sat 014 (Small).jpg
    Sat 014 (Small).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 168
  • Sat 015 (Small).jpg
    Sat 015 (Small).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 166
  • channelmaster%202.jpg
    channelmaster%202.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 148
Dishpointer, where did you get your polar mount from? I have my Patriot 1.2 meter dish on a HH120 and it is REALLY slow. If I get to the West or East extremes, the motor will not move the dish without help. I am also thinking of a Jaeger 1224 mover (big bucks, but very nice). But thinking I could adapt a CM polar mount to my Patriot.

CM 1.2 weight

the total weight of the dish

is 33 pounds

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DISH MAKES

i got 2 channel master dishes the othe day, well ..... let me tell you

the F dish is garbage G.A.R.B.A.G.E. AND I PAID LESS FOR C.M.

as for the pole mount its big 3" but for the motor to fit you need

some PVC schedule 40 ...2" split it in half ..about 6 1/2 long. IT FITS PERFECT

I bought the arms and the polar mount from Dow Electronics. They are the distributor for CM/Andrews dishes. The number is (800) 627-2910 and their prices are reasonable. The arms were $14 and the polar mount was $70. I picked up an 18" actuator from ivystoneplace.com for $19 and am going to use their V Box DP710 to control it. The DP710 uses diseqc commands from my Coolsat to power the 36V actuator. This setup will have plenty of power and speed to move the dish. Cascade just installed the same setup HERE. I will post pictures next week when I get it all setup. Thanks Spindoctor for the tip on shimming my pipe. I will get that ready tomorrow.

I don't have mine yet but I do have some pictures and the installation manual that Channel Master sent me. I hope this helps. One question. I have to run wires for the actuator and limit sensors. I do not want to buy C-band ribbon cable because it is expensive and I already have a 1000' spool of good RG6. Can I use 16-4 gauge speaker wire rated UL CL2 CL3? I will attach a picture.

Attachments

• 800026501 Polar Mount I.I.'s.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 287
  • PolarMount4515.jpg
    PolarMount4515.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 134
  • chmasterpolarmount.jpg
    chmasterpolarmount.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Channel%20master%20polarmount.gif
    Channel%20master%20polarmount.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 16-4white.jpg
    16-4white.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 132
  • CM Polar MT.pdf
    371.5 KB · Views: 1,900
Nice, can't wait for more pics when you get it.

I'm using 916ft (yes, you read that right) of Cat6 cable, 3pairs for +v and 1pair for the sensor for testing and it's working flawlessly, nothing's melting yet.
I'm cutting it down to the proper length this afternoon.
16AWG should work perfectly as long as you're careful about moisture ingress.

Lol. I thought about using that also. My run is only 180' and Cat 6 is cheap enough to replace if it gets ruined. I might still use that because 16-4 wire is not cheap. If it doesn't work then I will upgrade.

Anykind of wire should work for the actuator wires as long as it has enough wires for all the separate lines and the wires that carry the power to the motor aren't too small and thus can carry sufficent current. With these actuators you guys are using and the fact that your using them to move fairly small dishes, the actuator isn't going to be drawing a huge amount of current and so you should really need very large wire. Just make sure you connect the wires correctly to the actuator and Vbox. By that I mean make sure you don't connect the motor drive to the sensor wires. Accidentally Doing that might damage the sensor. On my birdview I used some wire I picked up at the local Lowe's. It was wire for use with automatic sprinkler systems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Galaxy 10R "123 west"

Cabling ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)