Channel 592

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RIRWIN1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
I dunno what happened, but for some reason I am able to recieve/view channel 592, which is currently displaying Directv Plus DVR Traning. Watching the program it reminds me of something, The AT9 Dish traning video that Solid Signal has on their website, and even at the end it had a section about customer traning. Now did D* goof or is someone else recieving this channel too? I dont work for D* so I dont know why i am able to see this,and i havent hacked my H20

RIRWIN1983 said:
I dunno what happened, but for some reason I am able to recieve/view channel 592, which is currently displaying Directv Plus DVR Traning. Watching the program it reminds me of something, The AT9 Dish traning video that Solid Signal has on their website, and even at the end it had a section about customer traning. Now did D* goof or is someone else recieving this channel too? I dont work for D* so I dont know why i am able to see this,and i havent hacked my H20
I've seen a number of different training videos on 592 lately on all my D* STB's, it's not just you.

hdtvtechno said:
BTW its time to change your Avator
It "somebody up there loves you" :D

har har har, it was the only directv logo i could find on google that dident have some dealer thing attached to it

592 has been airing those AT9 and DVR install intructions for a while now. I've already TIVO'd both and thought of putting them on tape in case, when the time came, my installer needed a refresher course. Not knocking the installers, cause I've watched the AT9 twice and it looks like a bitch to aim and get everything right the first time!!---Ray

592 has been airing those AT9 and DVR install intructions for a while now. I've already TIVO'd both and thought of putting them on tape in case, when the time came, my installer needed a refresher course. Not knocking the installers, cause I've watched the AT9 twice and it looks like a bitch to aim and get everything right the first time!!---Ray

I like your response and can understand how you would come to that conclusion as the training video does a good job of making the install look harder than it actually is- specifically dither adjustments, number of turns, what should be counted and how much etc. etc.

In my opinion, the AT-9 is easier to aim and install than a 95* International dish. I've held 3 training classes so far this week and every single tech has remarked that it was much easier than they thought it would be (as long as you have the appropriate signal meter, that is). You simply stress the importance of going step-by-step, making each adjustment in the correct order and everything just "dials-in".

Frankly, I think it's a good thing that DirecTV is airing training videos that traditionally have been only shown to the HSP/MSP network. It sets an expectation on the customers' side as to what they should expect their technician to do (or not), it keeps unethical installers from trying to "pull a fast one" (charge extra for phone lines if it's not in their contract to do so, use RG-59, ground system incorrectly).

I was a little nervous in at first at exposing training materials to the "end-user", but I've since changed my mind and am now sold on the idea.

I think the DVR video would be especially useful to the customer. I know this probably won't happen, but I think an instructional DVD should come with the DVR. How many of us really listen to the installer and how many installers really want to take the time to school the customer? If I was an installer I'd be rolling up my gear and eager to get to the next job, time is money!!---Ray

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NFL Network on 98

103 network 14 or 15

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)