Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
Hey guys!
I will be going thru some major changes in the very near future. I will be getting married this May. :)
This will change alot of things as far as my FTA hobby is concerned. I decided to used my 10 foot and 8 foot dishes for my 4DTV and FTA Ku and C-Band). I bought a 10 foot dish recently and it is not yet set up. I will replace the 7 1/2 dish with it.
My fiancee doesn't like the clutter of FTA dishes so I will have to do away with all of them. (I wish she would be like Dee Ann). I don't want to haul them to the landfill so I will be giving them away in the near future. I will not give up the receivers or the LNBFs. Soon I will post pictures of the dishes I have. I also will have to get rid of the 7 1/2 dish as well (with the actuator).
More about that soon.
Question: Would I be able to use my BUD dishes to receive all the FTA Ku channels with no problem? I know much has been discussed throughout the forum but I need a quick answer from you guys who may have already set your BUD for the Ku/C Band channels. I also use the 4DTV receivers for the DCII channels as well, plus as dish movers.

Are we sure she is Mrs Right? lol
I'm kidding you, if you have to bend and give away dishes, I'd say you'll be fine with a well-aimed, decently-accurate big dish for ku band. What little I tried with a co-rotor on my 10' SAMI dish, I found excellent fta reception using it. But I already had a motorized ku-only system, and I used it more than I used the big one for ku, so I just stuck with that setup.
Good luck with the changes!

C/Ku on a 10' works for me but I still keep a motorized KU dish for those hard to see sports feeds.

My wife would rather me spend mt time at home playing with satellite stuff, instead of going out with the boys drinking and carousing. :)

Thanks guys. I figure most women are like that. :rolleyes:
Most of the smaller dishes are under my carport. For awhile I have been debating about using the BUD for all my C/Ku and DCII signals. I count this as a opportunity to do that. I will fix one FTA system for Mom and maybe one for one of my brothers (if HIS wife let him!) I am keeping the receivers. She doesn't know about how many I got, LOL. I use them for back up.
I still got my C/Ku feed horn so I will use that on one of the dishes. I got a new C/Ku LNBF for the other dish. The 10 ft dish will be for my living room, while the 8 ft dish will be for the bedroom. The pizza pan will be for the living room, for her. My 4DTV 922 will be in the living room and the 920 will be in the bedroom.
If the 4DTV ever get the Hallmark and Lifetime channels I will definitely go that way. I hope then when the rainfade attack the pizza pan and she see the 4DTV still intact she will change her mind.

If the 4DTV ever get the Hallmark and Lifetime channels I will definitely go that way. I hope then when the rainfade attack the pizza pan and she see the 4DTV still intact she will change her mind.

A few years ago when I had my sub with NPS they were there. :(

Question: Would I be able to use my BUD dishes to receive all the FTA Ku channels with no problem? I know much has been discussed throughout the forum but I need a quick answer from you guys who may have already set your BUD for the Ku/C Band channels. I also use the 4DTV receivers for the DCII channels as well, plus as dish movers.

I had great results with a C/Ku lnbf on my 10 footer. I missed a channel or 2 but overall works well.

(I was going to write about being PW'd but my wife told me not to! :p) :whip:

Personally, I wouldn’t marry her! Put the dishes in storage until after the divorce or break things off now while you still have a chance.

When we looked at homes here in Pittsburgh, my wife gave up us putting an offer on her dream house, because the backyard didn't face south for my FTA satellite dishes. Now that is true love! We settled for a smaller home which has a large backyard for my dishes. I then took over the entire basement and built a home theater and communications room. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

another newbie with lots of questions

Newb questions / FTA setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)