Changes For Me

Status
Please reply by conversation.
nine years (long enough to let the HAM license expire) with a wife who did not like my ham radio hobby. Now, thirty six years with a wife who thought enough of me to encourage me to get back into it --- and got her own license.... AND from a family and marriage pastor --- talk it over real REAL good, before ----. I like the idea (statement), "yield, not surrender!"

Since I am going to depend on my two BUDs, I will have no problem about the FTA issue. i have everything I need to stay in the hobby. She'll have her own channels from the pizza pan system and I will have the channels I watch from the FTA and DCII system. I am not expecting her to understand my hobby but she will see what I like to watch. She doesn't want the FTA and C-Band dishes cluttering up the place. I have several dishes under the car port that is taking up alot of space. She is precious to me. We have to compromise on our differences to get along.
Thanks for letting me know how well some of your systems are working as far as the BUD is concerned.
Question: does the FTA channels from the BUD hold up during the heavy rain? I like to see her face when the pizza pan channels fade out during the heavy rain while I still enjoying the FTA channels...

Congratulations!!!... :D

Thank you, Dishman Dan.
For the 5 years I have been reading thru this forum, I have came across several posts of guys complaining about their wives fussing about their dish farms. Men and women are wired differently and we all have to accept that. I love my girlfriend very much and do respect her interests and ways. It just the matter of accepting each other ways of thinking and doing things.
There are women who like the FTA hobby, I admire Dee Ann for her interests of this hobby and I expect some men will raise their eyebrows when they see her dish farm. If a lucky fellow loves her he will adapt to her and she will to him if she loves him.
I didn't mind the things said about my issue with my girlfriend. It will work itself out.

MrFTAMan,

Congratulations!

Not sure if anyone else has put dibs on them, so... can I have your dishes and motors? LOL!

Ha ha! You know that I am just ribbing you! I couldn't pass up the opportunity, you know.
I am very happy for you, I wish you and your wife a happy marriage to last for a long time.
Long time? No, I mean FOREVER. Marriages should be FOREVER. My wish for you and your
wife is for an everlasting journey. Everyone needs a soul mate to share life's journey! If you
have to give up a bit of your FTA hobby here, we'll understand. You just keep her happy and
she'll keep you happy! Don't forget to be nice to the Mother-in-law! Set up a FTA dish for her!

LOL (wink wink)

RADAR

Question: does the FTA channels from the BUD hold up during the heavy rain? I like to see her face when the pizza pan channels fade out during the heavy rain while I still enjoying the FTA channels...

C-Band is almost impervious to rain :D ... That is one important reason why most of the better content up there is on C-Band. When a transmission is mission-critical (network feeds, important wild feeds and backhauls), C-Band is far more reliable in bad weather.

Hey guys!
I will be going thru some major changes in the very near future. I will be getting married this May. :)
This will change alot of things as far as my FTA hobby is concerned. I decided to used my 10 foot and 8 foot dishes for my 4DTV and FTA Ku and C-Band). I bought a 10 foot dish recently and it is not yet set up. I will replace the 7 1/2 dish with it.
My fiancee doesn't like the clutter of FTA dishes so I will have to do away with all of them. (I wish she would be like Dee Ann). I don't want to haul them to the landfill so I will be giving them away in the near future. I will not give up the receivers or the LNBFs. Soon I will post pictures of the dishes I have. I also will have to get rid of the 7 1/2 dish as well (with the actuator).
More about that soon.
Question: Would I be able to use my BUD dishes to receive all the FTA Ku channels with no problem? I know much has been discussed throughout the forum but I need a quick answer from you guys who may have already set your BUD for the Ku/C Band channels. I also use the 4DTV receivers for the DCII channels as well, plus as dish movers.

SOUNDS OF SIRENS, RED LIGHTS FLASHING!!!!! :eek: OH S**T!! Mumbles to himself and walks away in disbelief!

MrFTAMan,
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Patience is needed in everyday life, it's part of Love. Love grows through the years, and through times of cancer or Alzheimers. There is a book that shows us how this is done, and that is to put self back in line behind others, and that's just not the natural thing to do. This book say that if we love our wives, we'll love ourself, or be happy with our self. So to a Mississippi Delta man,I say, "Keep them rows straight and weed free, and your harvest will be profitable." (And if you have to give away all your satellite dishes and equipment, just give me a call and I'll come "Unclutter" that yard...he-hee)

Since I am going to depend on my two BUDs, I will have no problem about the FTA issue. i have everything I need to stay in the hobby. She'll have her own channels from the pizza pan system and I will have the channels I watch from the FTA and DCII system.....
You have your BUDS, FTA and DCII, and soon to be wifie has her small dish channels. Sounds like a great compromise. This way you will both have something you want; TV and each other. Be happy forever.:)

Thanks to all of you! It all will work out.
I will post pixs and more info about those dishes I have. Most of them have been given to me so that is why I am giving them away. I have some Primestar dishes, a 4 ft Wilson dish, a 7 1/2 ft dish with the arm (working), a 7 ft tall pole with a four legged base that can be mounted on concrete pad, a Hughsnet dish with its feedhorn, two primestar like dish it poles and metal platform for use on ground...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

another newbie with lots of questions

Newb questions / FTA setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)