CH13 going HD?

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
i noticed (by accident) wednesday night that channel 13 is now also can be viewed on channel 1013 in central florida. while the studio broadcast was still in standard definition, i'm wondering if anyone has heard if that is changing? my source at BH says yes but i don't always believe him!

Is 13 their local news operation? (I assume it is, but as Fox 13 is in Tampa, I must make the distinction).

If so, they will most assuredly do this as they have a 480p 4:3 feed running for BayNews 9 on 609 in the Tampa area.

As they are simulcasting their analog and digital signals, isnt 13 already digital?

The funny part of this is they are so convinced that their news operation is such a selling point they have the QAM encrypted to where you must subscribe to their HD Digital Tier - all the while the FCC makes them keep the other locals non-encrypted. They even have 5c enabled on 609 - like someone wants to steal their local news coverage and put it on the internet, ROFLMAO.

I do agree as I have heard of some some subscribers to BHN as opposed to Knology because of BayNews 9....but to encrypt it so their current subs cannot get it without the HD Tier - a cable qam tuner/card just wont work....and the 5c.....that is just anal and comical.

At somepoint they need to decide, once the subscriber is on BHN, do they want maximum viewership so they can sell ads at higher rates on the newscasts - or are they just going to act anal about this whole thing.

yep, 13 is their local news. yes, it appears they are simulcasting on both the digital and HD channel. common sense would tell me this is silly unless, they were truly going HD. the digital channel is available (in analouge) on their basic tier!

ETA: i was also told this is a definite but was not given a date.

Last edited:
Look for News 13 to be HD soon enough. There new studio has already been upgraded they just have some other things to work out first.

Is The Remote For SA-8300 Addressable?

Muted Sound on NFLHD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)