CBand dish

OSS

Original poster
Sep 19, 2004
I have a C bAND DISH do you know of anyway ,, by using a special modified feed horn, that will allow this to work with dishnetwork or direct tv....thanks for the info

Save your money and use the free dish that comes with the DSS system. Your C band dish has a F/D of .3 to .4 and the little dish is .6 to .7 and offset. The big dish will not work much better than the small one.

Use either, but you can adjust the focal distance of any BUD and the larger "gathering area" or gain of the BUD, is prime for much better reception in fringe areas.

Fta

You wont be able to receive any FTA on your big dish using the KU LNB, the Cband ,no problem getting FTA on the Cband LNB.
At least I cant get mine to work

I have had E* for 3 years now and on occassions I do have rain fade. I have my old
C band 10 ft dish still out behind the work shop. When I had C band I never had rain fade even in the worst storms. I know you can get a kit from skyvision for DBS but the only problem is that the kit is for only one sat.(119,105 etc). If I could get a kit
that would work for more than one Sat. I would gladly go in that direction.

martin1 said:
If I could get a kit that would work for more than one Sat. I would gladly go in that direction.

This is a VERY professional setup and they DO have them. My local cable company pulls everything with one dish. I will see if I can get a picture of it for you.

It would help if you could. As said before I don't have rain fade that much but none is better than any. I have a pin hook type dish.
Whether you come up with anything or not Thanks much for looking

They do make commercial use torodial dishes for cable companies. Once again this is a decent legal product that pirates & hobbists have found more use for for now, but as you see E* & D* are slowly moving that direction as they add more and more slots. I was just showing him info of the home versions and that high cost and pain of setup before running out to my local cable company to snap photos of what he thinks he may want..

Attaching a lnb to your feedhorn

OSS go check this out how Dipper has attached a DBS lnb to a feedhorn on a BUD and on another smaller dish. It might be worth a try and save you some money. Nothing to loose and everything to gain. A couple of good pics to see link removed by moderator I know most of you dont approve of this site, but I have found it kind of useful for information for a newbie to the big ugly dish. And I do pay for mine also. I have used DirecTV since 1998. I would like to see what is all out there with a 10' dish. :what

I am getting ready to go get that free old ten foot dish on that link, this weekend and bring it back to life with a C/Ku band feedhorn. Instead of just the C band it has now.

Well...I'm reading on with interest here, as I'm still a C-Band user, with a 10' dish on a pole attached to my house in Northern Virginia, and considering switching to a small dish of some sorts (DSS/DirecTV, Dish Network or Voom)....but if the big dish can handle it all...or at least some of it, I might consider leaving it where it's at...

Unfortunately, that last link required a login....

dtkempii said:
Well...I'm reading on with interest here, as I'm still a C-Band user, with a 10' dish on a pole attached to my house in Northern Virginia, and considering switching to a small dish of some sorts (DSS/DirecTV, Dish Network or Voom)....but if the big dish can handle it all...or at least some of it, I might consider leaving it where it's at...

Unfortunately, that last link required a login....

I had c band from 1984 till two years ago when I switch to E*. I have been
completely happy with E*. The only thing I am unhappy with is that I do get
rain fade occassionaly. Not bad but I do get it. In near future I am switching
to D* because of the tivo, I have SA now. You can order an adapter for you
C band dish from Skyvision.com that will let you get one Sat. The only trouble
is that E* and D* comes off of more that one SAT. (101,110,119 etc).

I had an old C-band feed horn I cut the end off (behind the scaler rings)of and put a D* single lnb Into. It looked like it was lined up, I mounted it to my 8' mesh dish and bumped the dish mover...never could get a signal. (using a D* receiver)

S

House vote dishes out blow to EchoStar

SIRIUS announce $290 Mln Offering

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)