CaptiveWorks CW-600S has it been trashed??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

odonnks

Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
PA
Recently received a Captive Works CW-6ooS and I can't tell if it functions.

Connecting the video to a TV and powering up the unit I get a power led and the word 'boot' appears on the front panel display for a few seconds than goes away.
Nothing else gets displayed on the unit front panel.

I never get a video signal to navigate to menus. TV screen remains blank.

Are there any further diagnostics that can be done? Or is it junk?

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum! Did you try all possible connections to TV? Typically, an audio-video is being used (with white, red and yellow RCA connectors). If this is not working, so, maybe, a RF cable will help? With this connection, channels 3 or 4 should be chosen on TV and sat. receiver. Is this receiver CW-600 S or CW-600 S Premium? Cheers, polgyver

i would agree start with the connections and check the tv settings some of the newer tv's have several inputs but must be selected to display those input devices.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys odonnks!!!

Thanks for the responses!
To answer all,
I did try both the RF and video/audio outputs. None provided a signal to the TV
The unit is a CW600s premium.

Shouldn't there be some sort of display on the CW600 digital readout as soon as its powered up? (other than the word 'boot' for a few seconds)

I have the manual that came wit the unit but it's of little help.
Is there any sort of master reset that will revert to as new settings?

Thanks again, great forum!

This could indicate a short or bad firmware. If a coax is connected to the Sat IN port, disconnect. Try pressing the channel up button on the front panel as the master power switch on the rear panel is switched on. Continue to hold the channel up button to see if a test menu with master reset appears on the TV screen. This test option exists on most STBs for factory resting.

Otherwise, track down the loader software, an original factory file and a serial cable. The unit may respond to an RS232 serial coonection and refreshed firmware.

honestly I'd throw it and get something different. Sadly those receivers were made during the time where the main features were how easy to load new software and how to change the keys in it (to steal) more than it running a motor properly and finding unknown frequencies

But that is up to you ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

More classic tv coming to Minneapolis :)

Jewish News One audio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts