Can't believe what I heard on kids mix today

Status
Please reply by conversation.
damaged said:
Yes, that told me. You certainly put me in my place. Frankly, I am just amazed you managed to actually utilize a dictionary, so I will not take that, no doubt, gold medal accomplishment of your life away from you.

damaged explain your mental state? I hate to digress to this level but after i pint of JW blue I am game. :smug

Ahh, an alcoholic, _with_ 3 kids? Well, I refuse to continue to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. It is no challenge. You have enough problems.

damaged said:
Ahh, an alcoholic, well, I refuse to continue to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. It is no challenge.

Please...dont think alcohol will hold my mental acumen back....it just allows me to have a balanced conversation with mere mortals :eek:

damaged said:
That is what can happen when the parent refuses to be the parent and decides the TV can do a better job, there is parental controls, there is monitoring, the world is not obligated to babysit for you. If you lack the time to take care of your children, you should have worn protection on that night of passion. Cartoon Network provides plenty of warning before AdultSwim airs, where were you when your kid saw that warning? Aren't you supposed to be watching your kids? What are/were you doing instead? Perhaps you should turn over responsibility to someone who has the time to properly monitor you kid and program a V-Chip? For decades parents blamed TV content for the problem their children have, finally the powers that be invented the V-Chip and parental controls, and time limits, yet, now you same people refuse to USE these tools they so much wanted before? Why the _heck_ are you letting your kids fall asleep in front of the television for, where were YOU???!? When I was a kid, my parents made sure I was in *gasp* bed, not nodding out in front of TV like it was an electronic babysitter.

Quit putting your responsibilities on people (TV execs) that do not have legal OR moral responsibilities for your children, and start being parents. Why do you even have these channels unblocked? Why did you not take any steps to prevent this? What happened???

Turn off the TV, crack open a book and spend some time with the kids for once.

I'm sorry, but you cannot expect the world to teach your kids what you want them to be taught, if it's offensive, block it, oor get SkyAngel or similar.

In fact if you ever watched Robot Chicken you plainly saw it said it big letters, something to the effect, "Do not allow your children to watch this show, if you do you are a horrible parent". HINT: It's called 'ADULTswim', not, 'let your kids pass out watching it and wake up with nightmares Swim".

I personally am offended by a supposed man of god, telling me I should send him money to prove my love of God, I am offended by drug commercials during the SuperBowl that tell me my p*nis is too small, yet, I change the channel and move on, not whine about how the world doesn't agree with everything I beleive. The power lies in your hands, block the channels, ditch your service, monitor what your kids watch, set the timer limits on your STB, heck, if you REALLY are concerned about what your kids watch, THROW/SELL/GIVE away your TVs, there is no legal requirment making you own a TV, or access public sat/cable channels, or leaving your kid alone in front of a TV all night. there is plenty of ways you could have prevented those things from happening, yet you took NO measure to rectify it, so if you don't care, why should anyone else?

That's part of the problem in this world today, eveyone thinks it's the other guys fault or responsibility, yet never take the time to think that it could be their own fault and responsibility.

I apologize if this seems hostile, but this is a button with me, and hardly even on-topic as Cartoon Network is not even DirecTV owned or operated, this is something which exists on many sat networks(sans skyangel and the like), all cable networks, and yes, even broadcast networks, not DirecTV alone. A truley media-concerned family would not own DirecTv or Dish, or Cable, they would have a large collection of books and filtered programming that has been pre-watched by a parent. And all TV watching would not be allowed without parental supervision. But some parents seem to think they shouldn't _have_ to watch their kids in front of the TV, or how about the infamous 'we don't have time' excuse...so sad.

hey moses,

first of all my two boys did not fall asleep on the floor in front of the tv. i have guards on all my boxes. set to tvy.
they heard about this from the cousins and recorded it on the tivo.as soon as they were playing it back i deleted it!!!!

you assume a lot.

again . it does not belong on cartoon network, that is my point

sateck01 said:
it does not belong on cartoon network, that is my point

They're cartoons on Cartoon Network at a time when children SHOULD NOT be watching TV, right? Cartoons are now targeted at a broader audience then just children. CN is taking advantage of these late night hours to bring in ad dollars it would not get if it just catered to kids (who should not be watching at that time anyway). What is wrong with that? Aren't the AS cartoons rated appropriately? Proper locks & limits would presumably block children from viewing this content. Are the AS shows mis-rated?

This thread is getting nowhere. I'm closing it. Take your bashing somewhere else please. Satelliteguys is a civil forum and bashing other people WILL NOT be tolerated here!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Free HD receiver

damaged read this...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)