Can not reach Satelliteguys.us unless on VPN

larryk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
OK, I have a strange one ... I can not reach Satelliteguys.us unless I am on a VPN. This is the only site (that I have found) that gives me a problem, and it started about a week ago. When I go to satelliteguys.us I get the attached image, however, if I go there using a VPN it works perfectly. The problem is not browser related as I have tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox. DNS?

Attachments

• 2024-06-29 08_09_50-Page could not be loaded _ SatelliteGuys.US.png
    2024-06-29 08_09_50-Page could not be loaded _ SatelliteGuys.US.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 23
Not sure as you are not being blocked as if you were you would be getting an error message.

Don’t think it is a dns issue as you wouldn’t be getting here even through your vpn nor would everyone else.

You can check dns against various name servers using the dig tool at kloth.net.

I am not home at the moment but pm me your up address and I will go through things just to make sure there is nothing weird going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you’re at home? Also, every other website you visit is coming up, no problem.

I would bring up a command window and type in “ipconfig /all” and make sure your IPv4 address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS addresses are right. Your default gateway should be the address of your home router, say 192.168.0.1 (but there are other popular addresses that your ISP defaults to.) Your DNS will probably be the same your gateway, but again, your ISP may point you to their DNS server located in your local data center. 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 are popular 3rd party DNS servers, too.

Subnet masks are usually 255.255.255.0 for home networks, which provides for ~250 local IPv4 Addresses for your home. Your device’s IPv4 address should have the first three numbers match your Default Gateway (say 192.168.0.14).

Assuming you didn’t make any changes to your router, the network information about the router should be on a label on the router.

I have a Synology router which has a malware filter that blocks URL’s. There was some module that XenForo was using that got blacklisted (old certificate or something) so I was getting a similar “Site is Unavailable” but nothing was telling me that my Router was “Saving” me from SatelliteGuys.

When you’re using your VPN, your traffic bypasses any local router influence.

OK, fixed! Thanks Foxbat for the path... I have an Asus GT-AX11000 router that has both a firewall and AV protection built in, I have disabled both, and rebooted (I hate re booting my router as I have about 80 clients and sometimes the oddballs get flakey on re-connect) and here I am without the VPN... Now to re-enable both, one at a time, and see if it behaves. Thanks to all.

Social Influencers