Calling from Canada using Sprint

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
I'm a little confused on this. Maybe someone can help clear it up for me. According to sprint's website calling from Canada is .59 a min & the country code is"1". They have a Canada roaming add on for $2.99 a month with a rate of .20 cent a minute or .59 without it. Do they charge a downgrade fee to remove the add on. Only need for a couple of days. The other question is, when dialing a US # from Canada do you dial 1 then the area code & #? What is the right sequence of #'s when dialing a US # from Canada?

its been a while since I travel to Canada (ever since they implemented the passport rule) but there is no downgrade fee since its a feature. There may be a 30 day minimum to keep it though.

you just dial as normal..no "1" in front. so it would be like 2185551212 ;) (I have sprint so I can confirm that..)

per sprint site
"Traveling to Canada? For only $2.99 per month all calls placed from Canada are only $0.20 per minute! Whether you place a local call in Canada, place a call back to the US, call another country, or receive a call with the Canada Roaming Option you pay only $0.20/minute (without the plan calls are $0.59/minute)."

so it depends on how much calling you're gonna do if its worth to add the $3 package.

Appreciate the info iceberg, so when calling the US from Canada it is basically area code & number right?

Will probably do the 2.99 roaming plan, just listening to a days worth of voice mail will make it financially beneficial.

per sprint site
"Traveling to Canada? For only $2.99 per month all calls placed from Canada are only $0.20 per minute! Whether you place a local call in Canada, place a call back to the US, call another country, or receive a call with the Canada Roaming Option you pay only $0.20/minute (without the plan calls are $0.59/minute)."
Ack! Wish I had known about that before my wife went up there with the kids for the summer. I've been getting nailed for 59 cents/min for the last month.

"The man who made the iPhone 4 is out"

Apple in trouble over flash

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)