Bypass Digital Box to use HD tuner

ronoclock

Original poster
Aug 25, 2007
Okay so my tv has a built in HD tuner that works great in my area, then we got a digital box. So obviously I can't view the HD channels I pick up from tuning on my cox box, so is there anyway I can set up my cox box so its on a different input so I could switch to like TV to view the HD and like AV to view the digital box?

Not sure what receiver you have from Cox but what outputs does it have----HDMI, Component, etc.

You should be able to split the cable feed to two one to the stb and one to the feed on the TV "Cable IN" let the TV scan for the channels or if you know the call sign use that. When you want to watch the feed from the stb switch the tv to that source HDMI, Componet. When you want to watch the "cable in" switch the source button on the remote to cable.

Thank you for answering so fast, and I am sorry i didn't explain the specific setup and thanks for for replying in both forums branchbouncer. Okay, so what I have going on now is one cable from the wall going into a splitter one is going to the modem, the other goes to the cable box in(which is the most standard cox digital box with one A/V out, s-video out, data out, and digital audio out and a usb port) then a cable out cable to the TV. I understood what you said branchbouncer but since you didnt know the cable was already split from tv and modem, I'm not sure how your current instructions would work. Thank you.

Who should i choose?

Help Me Find Echostar 8/10 In 91030 Zip Code Area!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts