Buying an iPad 3rd gen

What are your plans for buying/not buying a 3rd gen iPad?

• I’ve already pre-ordered a 3rd gen iPad

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I plan to buy one at a store on March 16

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I plan to buy one from a store within the next month

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I plan to buy one online within the next month

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I’ll buy one eventually

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • I have no plans to ever buy one

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Just to see how much interest there is in the new iPad, now that "lines are open" and the real specs are out.

-I’ve already pre-ordered a 3rd gen iPad
-I plan to buy one at a store on March 16
-I plan to buy one from a store within the next month
-I plan to buy one online within the next month
-I’ll buy one eventually
-I have no plans to ever buy one

Waiting to buy it from Amazon so I can use my credit there. Hopefully, they'll carry it at launch.

Between my pre-order and (hopefully) the installation of my Hopper and Joeys, the 16th is shaping up to be my favorite day of the year.

I want to play with one first but will likely buy at a non Apple store. If I can save sales tax I'll buy online from Amazon if they will carry them otherwise Best Buy for the rewards points.

If I do get one it will probably be around Christmas time. As much as I like technology I never saw the need to instantly get the newest and latest right away. In fact I usually buy the previous year's model for less money.

The past two months I bought a new mountain bike and a new road bike. I save about $1,000 on each purchase ($2,000 total) simply getting the previous year's model on clearance. The current year did not offer much in the way of upgrades and still used the same components.

I am the same way with most electronics as well. I'll buy the previous year's TV, tablets, phones (I still have a 3GS), ect and save a lot of money without losing much in return.

I see the same thing with the newest iPad vs the iPad2. If I currently had an iPad 2 there will not be any reason for me to get the newest iPad.

Last edited:
don't have an iPad, wouldn't mind having one, maybe when the price of heating oil and gasoline hit $2.00/gal I can splurge.
I like to be warm in tbe winter and my boss expects me to come to work if I want a paycheck...

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

If I do get one it will probably be around Christmas time. As much as I like technology I never saw the need to instantly get the newest and latest right away. In fact I usually buy the previous year's model for less money.

The past two months I bought a new mountain bike and a new road bike. I save about $1,000 on each purchase ($2,000 total) simply getting the previous year's model on clearance. The current year did not offer much in the way of upgrades and still used the same components.

I am the same way with most electronics as well. I'll buy the previous year's TV, tablets, phones (I still have a 3GS), ect and save a lot of money without getting losing much in return.

I see the same thing with the newest iPad vs the iPad2. If I currently had an iPad 2 there will not be any reason for me to get the newest iPad.

I generally like to see others take the arrows, and benefit from their experience. Kept me from the 921, 942 & ViP922. Something about my being an early purchaser of a 721......

But my wife really does have a need, and we decided to hold off on the iPad 2, so we are kinda late on this. And I suspect there will be few bugs in this product.

My 3GS might get replaced by a 5. But I certainly won't be buying it first day out, like I did here. I can wait and learn when that day comes.

The New iPad Retina Display Is Stunning! - CONAN

I'm buying a new/used iPad ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)