BUMMER- Lost iPhone 5 order?

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I placed a pre-order from work on 9/14 on the AT&T site, and IIRC I did a screen print of the order number. I went to the AT&T site today to check on the status. I had been told by a store rep to expect it to ship in 3 weeks. The site showed no order outstanding. I did a chat with my name and ph #, no order #, and the rep said because I had a FAN I needed to talk to Premier. Well, they're closed today. Of course.

I'd hate to order again and get charged for two. And if I find out tomorrow there is no order o/s, would it be better to order thru AT&T or Apple? Anyone know who's shipping faster? Or go to a store and check for stock (HA!)?

That is a bummer, sounds like the order system was overloaded and the order did not go through. Try calling around to local AT&T and Bestbuy stores and see if any stock is in town.

Couple of customers cancelled their pre-orders at my local RadioShack store.
The money was refunded, but there is no mechanism to actually cancel 'till the order arrives.
Needless to say, that store will have free AT&T phones in a few days.
There've got a list of anxious buyers. :)

I mentioned this above: Verizon sent the same store two uncommitted phones out of the blue!

Well, if Premier says nothing on order, I can call around, maybe go to the AT&T company store near my office. But if I have to reorder, I think I'll go thru the Apple site. Once burned, twice wary.

I guess losing a week + isn't so bad. So long as my 3GS quits acting strangely and holds out.

You can check your eligibility on-line (based on your cell phone number).
If you are still eligible, then it means the order didn't go through.
Otherwise, it would show you are not eligible.

I would still go to an AT&T store just to be sure.

Thanks. That's what I thought. But the "premier" status may be different.

It's just a day. A bit of frustration. But I want to make darn sure I don't end up being charged for two. And I can only guess at how backed up the delivery dates are now. I'd turn off the 3GS every night, just to baby it thru, but then I'd have to remember to re-pair it with my ear bud every morning. And my rememberer ain't what it used to be.

Anole said:
Not a chance.
As I said above, any free handset willl be snapped up by eager sharks. ;)

Oh, and as an upgrade from a 3GS, you'll be in heaven. :)

Yeah. On both counts. :)

I got thru to Premier and over the course of a 45 min phone call discovered I had put in a zip code wrong and the card was rejected and they don't bother notifying people when that happens. Now it's in the queue and I only have to wait 3-4 weeks before it ships. <sigh>.

At least I have an order number.

iPhone 5 tear down & cost of parts

2,000 Workers Brawl In Dormitory Used by Foxconn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)