Brand new to FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Give us your zip code and we can give you ALL the angles to the satellite in your area!

Good idea to remove the motor and find/store a few satellites first!

I just got my Fortec Lifetime Classic set up last night. You didn't ask this, and I don't know if your setup will be the same as mine, (since you have an ultra) but I had some confusion with the knowing when I had a quality signal. I first had a red level (which I thought was orange :( ) ,which is an unlocked signal. When I had a quality signal, it turned a light orange and locked. I think I had the wrong satellite for quite a while. Sandoun has a setup page on his website. The manual for my Classic didn't offer much help. I had a lot of trouble until Iceberg suggested using a stronger transponder frequency. I too have a stab positioner, but decided to try one satellite first (IA5). I don't think that I would have had much success with the positioner right away. I also have a sat finder from Sadoun's - I'm really glad that I got it. It made me realize just how close the satellites are. I ended up depending on the receiver in the end though.

Good Luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA Radio on existing Sat link ???

Any HD FTA Receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)