Bowl Payouts

First time I'm hearing that. I was under the impression that ND wanted nothing to do with the Big Ten, for the very reasons you stated a couple of posts ago. MONEY.

Your right Paul, they don't want to have to split the money with anyone if they don't have to.

The ought to go to the Big East and see how they would do.

Jimbo

Explain to us, why it is that ND gets 1.5 M for NOT being in a bowl game ....
Great gig if you can get it.

ND has been in 3 BCS games that they had no business being in so far.

Jimbo

prior to last year ND would get the entire payout that a Conference would get for their team being in a bowl. We didn't share the payout with anyone. In Willinghams final year our brilliant athletic director renegotiated the contract with the BCS that we would get the normal payout (about $4.5 million) that any other team would get in a bowl game and $1 million for any year they didn't make a BCS bowl game ( or any bowl at all)
ND takes a gamble in new BCS format - College football - MSNBC.com

At first Domers were very upset with Athletic director Kevin White but maybe he knew something the rest of us didn't.......

OH yeah, why should we join a conference again?

prior to last year ND would get the entire payout that a Conference would get for their team being in a bowl. We didn't share the payout with anyone. In Willinghams final year our brilliant athletic director renegotiated the contract with the BCS that we would get the normal payout (about $4.5 million) that any other team would get in a bowl game and $1 million for any year they didn't make a BCS bowl game ( or any bowl at all)
ND takes a gamble in new BCS format - College football - MSNBC.com

At first Domers were very upset with Athletic director Kevin White but maybe he knew something the rest of us didn't.......

OH yeah, why should we join a conference again?

Tell me AGAIN, WHY ND gets a bowl game check when they are not IN a bowl ?
That must have been an agreement made with God himself.
Amillion dollars if we stink enough to NOT be in a bowl and thats a downgrade from the 4 M we would make prior to this ....
Sheeesh, I wish I could bargin like this.

This is just another reason why people either Love or Hate ND. Theres no one in between.

Jimbo

Doh!

Pats vs Giants

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts