Blind Scan 3618

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Anybody that has a Satwork 3618, tell if it picks up double frequencies on a blind scan. Example, I blind scan G10 and pick up 20 signals, the second 10 are exactly the same as the first 10. I have scanned other satellites and picked up only 2 signals and they will both be the same. To save time, I keep and eye on the first frequency to show and about half way through the scan when it pops up again, I exit. Is this normal?

When I blind scan with my Satwork, I get one set of signals. Now if this is the second blind scan on the same satellite, then I get a second set of identical signals, but that's not what you're seeing.

No, No, No, this is one scan. The red bar starts and after it gets about half way through the scan the same numbers come up again. When it's done and it ask if you want to continue, hit no and it goes through the signals and locks onto two of every channel. Which means wasted time scanning and then deleting. If I scan a channel that I already have, it will say "already searched."

Is your lnb skewed? If not then it might be picking up the tp.s on both polarities. If this is the problem then adjusting to the correct skew will also greatly improve your signal quality.

I am running the 3618 through a Motorola 922, the polarity (skew) is run through it. Just did my winterizing and everything is in order. I don't know if I am making myself clear, it scans all of the signals, the bar is about half done, as it keeps going from that point it scans the same set FRs and Srs again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Defective Fortec? and IR Conflicts

General Instrument 4DTV Receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts