Birdog v2.5 won't program and No longer supported by Vendor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jbrintnell

Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
Huntsville, MO
Hello,

It's been many years since I posted on these forums, but last time I did you were a tremendous help. I have a Birdog V2.5 that I purchased from ebay. It works fine, but lacks the satellites I need as I am a C band and KU band Satellite tech. I did not have the proper cable so I attempted to use a Console cable which did not work. It did reset the meter and require me to recharge it. I then ordered the proper cable and attempted to install the satellites in the meter and was unable. I get message Error: Ack not received. I have contacted the vendor who gave me a pinout that I have verified up to and including building my own cable. I still get the same message. I cannot send for service as they no longer support this model. According to them, it appears I may need a new RS232 interface. I have been unsuccessful at locating parts or any other repair centers for my birdog. Any help would be appreciated.

John

If this is the wrong forum for this question, please direct me to the proper one. I couldn't find an appropriate forum when I reviewed the list.

Thanks,

I swapped pins 2 and 3 and get the same response. Error: Ack not recieved. I really need to get this fixed as I have an installation this week.

If you have original cable that came with the 2.5 that is your best bet. I have tried serial to usb adapters in the past & had no luck with them. I have also had to replace the original cable for bd once. For whatever reason it went bad. The ack error is a communication error. You could also try using a different computer. Sadoun has replacement data cables for the 2.5, can't recall the price.

If you have original cable that came with the 2.5 that is your best bet. I have tried serial to usb adapters in the past & had no luck with them. I have also had to replace the original cable for bd once. For whatever reason it went bad. The ack error is a communication error. You could also try using a different computer. Sadoun has replacement data cables for the 2.5, can't recall the price.
Birdog 2.5 Data Cable for Satellite Signal Meter | eBay

I got a 2.5 for sale here http://www.satelliteguys.us/satelliteguys-classifieds/245118-birdog-satellite-meter-2-5-version.html
It's been for sale for a while now. I've had lots of offers for $100. The least I'll take is $140 shipped. I don't need the money that bad & would just as soon keep it for anything less. If interested you could pm me the satellites you need programmed & after paypal payment I could ship it for you 1st thing in the morning. NE TN to MO shouldn't take longer than 2 or 3 days priority mail.
Just a thought.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Internet Weather Pagel

Problems receiving TuVes HD on Telstar 12 at 15W

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)