best lnb

vergil77 said:
You are asking a question that can't be answered. There are Low Noise Block Amplifiers for "C", "S", "Ku", and "Ka" bands that I can think of and probably a few other bands I can't, they are not interchangable so there is no best LNB. :)

Except for the DishPro twin Lot Number CSS 9601, there is very little difference in reliability.

The most reliable lnbs are the legacy duals, legacy twins and legacy quads.

The sw42 was flakey. The sw64 is not the most reliable.

The DishPro lnbs are very reliable, with the exception of the one mentioned above. I've heard of some issues with dp34s.

Dpp

Personally, I love the Dish Pro Plus Lnb. Two feeds out with a 61.5 input, taking out the need for DP34sw. Great if you have 2 dual tuner's, but can only hook up two single tuner's. Otherwise, get a DPQuad or two DP Dual's with DP34sw or DP21sw as close to your receiver(s) as possible. I like DP over legacy, works a little faster(i think) switches sat's better, and works further than legacy(even though dish say's 200ft for legacy, I've seen them work well over that).

Not only do you have to consider failure rates and reliability but what sort of situation is happening at the house. Sure, the DPP Twin does some neat stuff but if you have a couple single tuners it doesn't do more than a legacy twin and sw21s. I had the option to use any LNB for my 811 only install so I opted for the legacy twin. They seem to be the least glitchy of all the lnbs that don't need external switches.

I've seen legacy twins that are six years old and still working. All of them I've seeen were really robust and made in Japan.

At my business testing bench, I download a lot of receivers prior to sending them out with the installers for installs. A lot of receivers in my stock have old factory versions of software. They don't get along with some DishPro plus hardware. I always download new receivers, especially 322s and 522s on legacy twins.

721 Card Exchange: HEADS UP

942 install question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)