Anyone have St. Louis LOCALS in HD?

Rlanham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
Since I lost CBS-HD, only HD network I had.. I am thinking about "moving" 60-miles to the south so I can get all 4-networks in HD.

How is the HD quality on the St. Louis networks?

I currently have a Dish-500 for 119 & 110 and a 2nd Dish-500 at 61.5.

It says to get 118.7, I would need a Dish 500+ dish?, can a Dish 500 be modifed with a new LNB to get 118.7?

Since I lost CBS-HD, only HD network I had.. I am thinking about "moving" 60-miles to the south so I can get all 4-networks in HD.

How is the HD quality on the St. Louis networks?

I currently have a Dish-500 for 119 & 110 and a 2nd Dish-500 at 61.5.

It says to get 118.7, I would need a Dish 500+ dish?, can a Dish 500 be modifed with a new LNB to get 118.7?

Have you considered "moving" to Chicago? I believe their HD locals are on 129...oops, just reread you post, you don't have a Dish 1000. Not sure on this, but you may be able to repoint the one at 61.5 to 129 if you only had it for CBS-HD?

Have you considered "moving" to Chicago? I believe their HD locals are on 129...oops, just reread you post, you don't have a Dish 1000. Not sure on this, but you may be able to repoint the one at 61.5 to 129 if you only had it for CBS-HD?

I would tend to agree with this, since on the Chicago locals SD package, you get about DOUBLE the number of locals than you do with St.Louis, including 3 PBS choices. They also have ME-TV, which is like TV Land, only better & you also get the REAL WGN "local/CW" feed. :D
You can check for signal on x-ponder 31, 110 & this will tell you if you can receive those Chicago SD's.

I know you are asking for HD, but hey, why not get a little something extra for your trouble... ;)

Thanks for the idea, but I can't get a good view of 129 without putting the dish on the roof, plus I actually have an address for the st. louis local qualification, albeit a vacant lot.;)

The CBS and NBC stations in each market are being transmitted at reduced resolution. bleh !

You can check for signal on x-ponder 31, 110 & this will tell you if you can receive those Chicago SD's.
... ;)

I am getting a signal of 90 on Spotbeam 31, Satellite 110.
Does that mean if I "MOVE" to Chicago, I won't need an adjustments to my current setup to get Chicago HD Locals?:D
Dish website shows Chicago locals only available on 129, which is a satellite I can't see.

Last edited:
I would tend to agree with this, since on the Chicago locals SD package, you get about DOUBLE the number of locals than you do with St.Louis, including 3 PBS choices. They also have ME-TV, which is like TV Land, only better & you also get the REAL WGN "local/CW" feed. :D

I know you are asking for HD, but hey, why not get a little something extra for your trouble... ;)

I am getting a signal of 90 on Spotbeam 31, Satellite 110.
Does that mean if I "MOVE" to Chicago, I won't need an adjustments to my current setup to get Chicago HD Locals?:D
Dish website shows Chicago locals only available on 129, which is a satellite I can't see.

I believe DishRich was referring to the Chicago SD locals on 110. My understanding is the CHicago HD locals are only on 129.

Hey ,but maybe i am confused. I know you can pick up the chicago hd channels by " moving" to chicago because they are on a conus beam. Now i live in Richmond, va. and i get a 97 signal strenght on 110 X-ponder 31. I just dont see me getting the chicago sd's locals on their spotbeam this far away. Are you sure this is the X-ponder they are on? Dennis

TP31 on 110 has 13 different spot beams. Chicago is on E* 10 T31S19. In Virginia you are seeing E* 10 T31S05, same transponder, different spotbeam. Looks like E* 10 T31s05 is Greensborough, NC.

TP31 on 110 has 13 different spot beams. Chicago is on E* 10 T31S19. In Virginia you are seeing E* 10 T31S05, same transponder, different spotbeam. Looks like E* 10 T31s05 is Greensborough, NC.

Thanks. I did some more looking and saw the richmond channels and saw where i was getting my 97 strenght reading from. Dennis

The STL locals are on the 118 and it broadcasts in a different format. You have to have a 1000+ dish to get all the HD and locals in HD. You can't just point a 300 dish at the 118 to receive the locals.

Uplink Activity Report - 12/19/2006 - 12 changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)