Anybody have multiple receivers on the same TV? (re: 3+ tuners)

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
The problem I'm having is that my wife likes to watch live TV or leave on a kids show for the baby but the DVR is "often" recording two programs at once.

The only solution (until the XiP receivers are released) is to have two receivers on the same TV.

Does anybody else have this problem? I am completely or just mostly insane?

I have two receivers side by side on main HD tv in livingroom. They are also connected to four other tv's (bedrooms, porch picnic area) to not populate the number of receivers on the account. It is a matter pof how you connect them and changing the inputs to view what you want to view and where.

I have a second receiver connected to a second input on my TV. I sometimes record more than two shows at the same time or want to watch something other than what is being recorded. The second receiver is in the MBR, so i can watch it from there or the FR. The same would go for 3 receivers connected to 3 inputs on the TV.

Does anybody else have this problem? I am completely or just mostly insane?
A few years ago I had two 508 Receivers connected to my main TV with no issues.

IR control can be a hassle requiring two Dish remotes. OR you can do as I did. I used my Logitech Harmony remote to control both usin a different IR address for each receiver.

I created two Activities... Watch DVR1 and Watch DVR2.

By selecting either activity, the TV switched to the appropriate video input, the audio receiver likewise switched to the appropriate input, and the Harmony Remote transmitted the proper IR channel signals to the selected 508 DVR.

Later on when you get your new Dish receiver your Harmony Remote can be set up to control that receiver, as well as all of the rest of equipment.

I have a 722K and a 211K connected to my HDTV through an audio/video receiver. Video 1 and video 2 on the av receiver and 1 hdmi connected to the tv. Both have ext hds. My wife uses the 211k and the 722K is mine.

We have 2 tvs with 2 sat receivers connected.The lr and mbr.Never have to worry about recordings and can watch live anytime ya want.

if you have a 722k and are in decent range for OTA ... get the OTA module it enables 2 more tuners so you can delegate your HD Locals recording to the channels off the OTA ... leaving the 2 satellite tuners available for nonOTA stuff.. then you have the potential of recording 4 streams at once.. :) Plus if you're in range for OTA locals.. you get the side channels which Dish doesn't have.. yesterday thanks to OTA to my TV directly ... I saw CBS's Doppler 9000 radar .... which told me why I'd lost sat signal .. and then 5 mins later lost all power for 12 hours .. yet right near me, not a single drop of rain.. in fact three miles any direction.. and I saw the remnants of the water.. :)

612,622 and 722k all hooked to same HDTV

So assuming you have the ota module and antenna for ota hooked to all your receivers , you would have 6 sat tuners and 4 ota tuners , so you could record 10 shows at a time. WOW!! That is commitment to never missing anything on network tv.

I have a 622 and 4900 connected to one HDTV. The 622 is connected via hdmi to line 1 and the 4900 via s-video and rca audio cables to line 2. The 4900 also connects to 3 other SD tvs. I can record 3 events on the 622 using OTA and 2 622 tuners. I can then watch a Sd program on the 4900. I find that the 4900 does a much better job with Sd than the 622. It also plays interactive games much better( faster response time) than the 622.

I have 2 722k's and a DirecTV HR20 on a rack system in my equipment closet.. All can be seen by any of my 3 flat screens or my 120 in projection screen.. The DVR's are always in a constant state of recording.. Only my wife and I in the house..

622 Surround Sound Issues

Blockbuster: Free Movie Rental for Good Students in K-12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)