another newbee... slowly getting there

Status
Please reply by conversation.

corvette Lew

Original poster
Jul 24, 2005
:cool: I finished integrating a Viewsat2000 with my 4DTV connected to a bud. Upon locating a satellite to view (Galaxy 10R), I did the auto and manual channel search. I get a strong signal from the sat and the transponders but do not get any channels to view or radio to listen to. Also, I have not hooked up a computer for software uploads (yet). Is this a neccessary next step?
After reading one of the other newbies thread, I am now wondering if I need to upgrade my C & Ku lnb's to lnbf's?

The only reasons you would need to cable the receiver to a computer would be for firmware upgrade (if it works don't fix it :) ) and easier channel list editing.

Your 4DTV is likely controlling the polarity on your BUD. This is probably why you're not getting anything on the Viewsat. How do you have the receivers connected (in what order and using which connections?)

Thanks for the reply. Through a previous forum discussion, I used the diagram that I was directed to. On the splitters for both C & Ku bands, the power pass cables go to the 4dtv. The other cables go to the DiSEqC switch, which in turn goes to the Viewsat2000. I verified this connection through the forum also.
For some reason that I don't understand, this reply forum will not let me give you the exact forum or website location where I got my information.

corvette Lew said:
For some reason that I don't understand, this reply forum will not let me give you the exact forum or website location where I got my information.
As a new user to the site, you cannot post URLs until you reach a certain post count, so that may be your issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

The Tube and WPXS

FTA Satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)