Anime Network

PILMAN

The Cable Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 2, 2005
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
I've heard of some states having Anime Network for their cable provider. Any plans for DISH to add this? I'm pretty sure directv has it. I'm dyeing for a 24/7 anime network.

PILMAN said:
I'm dyeing for a 24/7 anime network.

Cool! What color are you dyeing yourself? I would dye myself blue, probably.

Attachments

• smurf.gif
    smurf.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 187
Sounds like a b grade channel to me.... I could care less for it. The only niche channels that go on dish are internationals

PILMAN said:
It's a Japanese Animation channel. Many people including my self are waiting for it.

Not I. Just a waste of satellite space that we will probably all have to pay for.

Who said anime doesn't have cuss words.

America is one of the leading countrys in the movie industry

Japan uses cartoon characters to associate with their culture. Cartoons aren't just for kids, some of their cartoons are very violent, have plenty of cussing and deal with reallife situations and are drawn much like reallife. It's just a stereotype that all anime is like pokemon and DBZ but there is a lot of good anime out there and cartoon network has a policy which has them "English dub" what the characters say which have rediculous voicing and they are required to cut much of the violence or blood etc. It's rediculous which is why I'm hoping the anime network will be on dish because I'm tired of the crappy dubs and editing through cartoon network.

Can't forget Elfen Lied. The way the characters are drawn completely makes people underrate the film but theres a reason they drew it that way. It was one of the goriest and sickest anime out there but it's very disturbing to see a cutely drawn cartoon girl being ripped apart and all that. Anime is a way of life for the Japanese culture although I wouldn't go so far to stereotype and say ALL japanese watch it, infact many hate it just as much as a lot of Americans do. I think Manga is much more popular but back on topic, does anyone know if there has been ANY mention of this on DISH?

chaddux said:
Not I. Just a waste of satellite space that we will probably all have to pay for.

some people would say that about sports channels and shopping channels.

to each his own, I'd rather have an anime channel than another espn or stuff tv.

of course if they did add an anime channel, then I'd have a hard drive space problem on my dvr. :D

PILMAN said:
I've heard of some states having Anime Network for their cable provider. Any plans for DISH to add this? I'm pretty sure directv has it. I'm dyeing for a 24/7 anime network.

Not a big anime fan (just haven't seen much, but I know what it is), but I can answer your question some.

I just switched from Dish to Comcast and noticed that in my On Demand menu there is an Anime channel, I briefly FF'dd through an episode (Happy ?something?) just to get an idea. Definately not for kids.

I'll check to see if there is an actual channel listing for Anime, rather than just On Demand when I get home.

BTW: I'm really liking the Motorola 9412 HD/Two-Tuner DVR from Comcast. A little buggy sometimes, but definately nice.

Meatie

Well Im not that big of a fan of Anime stuff but some of the action shows are cool if you like combat shoot up stuff. Overall it would be a good channel to add compaired to some of the stuff they have added in the past.

TimeWarner has it and is one of the reasons I recently switched. They have it OnDemand. I kinda wish they would just get the regular channel sometimes due to them not changing out the shows fast enough but all in all it is really nice.

This channel was one of my largest factors for leaving to go to cable that and the free HD DVR.

Though Charlie and some other old FOGIE's out there don't think it is valuable content wise I think it is pretty safe to say that there is a large section of the young male population that would have an intrest in that channel.

Justin

Some installation questions....

Question about DVR recording

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)