Status
Please reply by conversation.

dhjean

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
West Palm Beach, FL
Greetings,

I want to put a television in our guest room, and I don't want the receiver to have access to the whole-home DVR. I just want it to offer viewing.

How do I accomplish this? Do I need a particular type of receiver? Are there certain settings or connections?

I currently have an HR44 with two HR24s. The HR44 was just installed four months ago with a new SWM (I don't know what model).

Thank you for any advice.

If done right you should be running a SWM16. You can add any receiver to that room with a simple BS filter on it so it'll block recordings however by doing so it will also keep recordings (if you go with a DVR) in that room as well where they can't be seen from other locations

Thanks for the reply. I verified that I do, indeed, have a SWM 16. So, if I don't want any DVR capabilities in the guest room, I can just install an H24/25? Can I split a cable off another receiver close by to wire it, or will I have to run a cable all the way from the SWM?

If I order this all from DirecTV, will they install the filter, or will I have to do this all myself? If I do call DirecTV, what do I need to tell them to get this right the first time?

Thanks again for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Component outputs not working. Options, please?

Bad Install that didn't happen!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)