accout not closed, help with setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pellis

Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
i got a samsung sir-s4040r directv receiver with dvr from a person on ebay. yes, it is used. well i received it in the mail today and there was an access card in the slot also. i called directv to get the receiver put in my name, but after the giving the s/n and the id number to the directv rep and waiting for a while, he comes back on the phone and says that i CANNOT get the receiver put onto my account because it is still on another person's account. when i put the access card in, it says account is closed when i got through the menu. how can i solve this problem? could this receiver be stolen? it came with the original box, remote, wires, and manual. when i contacted the seller that i bought it from on ebay, he said that he was purchased through whole sale. is this weird, never heard anything like this before. help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Try talking to another CSR.

Also, you will have to get another access card anyway. Anytime you go to put a used receiver on your account Directv makes you buy a new access card.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pre existing wiring.

Newbie!!! ? on D* HD Receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)