Absolute HD getting phased out?

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, is Absolute HD getting phased out? About 2 weeks ago I lost WFN and some others and this morning almost all the channels are gone. Anyone else have Absolute? How is it working for you? Thanks, DC

Stuck at work (in the snow) so I don't have visual confirmation; but all the HD channels are still showing up in my Remote Access guide. (including WFN)

I have HD Absolute with a single EA dish.

Mine's fine

Hi all, is Absolute HD getting phased out? About 2 weeks ago I lost WFN and some others and this morning almost all the channels are gone. Anyone else have Absolute? How is it working for you? Thanks, DC

No problems here what so ever. Have just gone thru half a dozen channels and they are just fine. You have equipment problems.

About 2 weeks ago I lost WFN and some others and this morning almost all the channels are gone. Anyone else have Absolute? How is it working for you?
I've been watching WFN more than ever lately on Absolute. Working great.

Get your equipment checked indeed.

Run a check switch to see what your problem is. Have a feeling that you are no longer getting all the sats. Menu 611 then click on check switch bet you will be missing a sat.

Run a check switch to see what your problem is. Have a feeling that you are no longer getting all the sats. Menu 611 then click on check switch bet you will be missing a sat.

Hi all, thanks for the replies. I ran a check switch before I posted and all three satellites that I was originally installed with showed OK but after reading the replies above I think I might know what happened. My original install was on 61.5, 110 and 119. I think the Absolute HD must have been moved off of 110 and 119 so now I only get what is left on 61.5 Looks like I might have to get setup on EA. I have an extra portable Dish 500, think I will set it up on 72 or 77 and see if I can get some of my channels back. Anybody know if the weather ch is on 72 or 77? I would like to watch the snow storm. BTW - when I lost WFN it showed red in the guide that's what got me thinking things got moved around. Thanks, DC

Absolute did not move. It works fine on any of the EA and WA satellites.

If your signal strengths are fine on 61.5/110/119, call into the automated system and punch in the error code. It will send a rehit to your receiver. You'll be back in business after that.

I have Absolute and 110, 119, and 61.5 and am currently getting all the channels that are in the Absolute package.

Absolute did not move. It works fine on any of the EA and WA satellites.

If your signal strengths are fine on 61.5/110/119, call into the automated system and punch in the error code. It will send a rehit to your receiver. You'll be back in business after that.

Hi digiblur, it turned out the receiver lost authorization some how. I called Dish support before I saw your post and got it re-authorized but if it happens again I will try the suggestion above and save the hold time. Thanks, DC

Often in such cases a hard reboot fixes the problem.

Hi Jim and the group, in my case it did not help as I tried the hard reboot before I started the thread above. My receiver had to be re-authorized by Dish before it would receive the channels I was subscribed to. It is working fine now and I'm looking forward to WFN tonight. Later, DC

External drive not recognized

Dish inserting commercials during NFL GameDay StatsZone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts