? about DishNet receiver/Directv dish

Jeff22MS

Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Guys,

I currently have directv, but I am very close to switching over to dishnet. I have a seperate directv dish/receiver setup for my camphouse. If I switch to dishnet, will a dishnet receiver work with that directv dish? It took forever to get a good signal when I installed that directv dish a few years ago due to the trees, which are much bigger now. I feel that I'm going to have some major probs getting a good signal if I have to install a new dishnet dish.

as the dish sits.... NO
directv and dish network use different satellites in the sky
you could use the dish and repoint it to pick up the 119 satellite. that would get you the core programming on Dish but there may be some channels you would be missing. Since you are going to have to realign the thing anyway, I'd just go a head and pick up a cheap Dish500 and start fresh....

I figured that I wouldn't get that lucky. I knew I was in trouble when I found out that dishnet uses 2 satellites and directv only uses one.

Wouldn't he get a free dish and a free installation with some sort of a special deal for a New customer?

I believe it's one dish and three receivers, but I'll need another dish for my camp house, not close enough to run cable wire.

Need help with failed 921 hard drive!

Got a 811 from Estate Sale...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)