Status
Please reply by conversation.

hunter2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
NY
Hello All,

Currently I have 90cm dish pointing to 97W, is there any way that I can add another LNB to make this setup pointing to the 95W as well?
I’m looking for some hardware mounting 2 degree off … Of course I can always use HH motor, but I tried that option before, and could not install it

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA area!

That will not work they are too close at just 2 deg. apart. I would get a motor and get a professional installer to do the work.

Welcome :wave

With it being only 2 degrees apart, it really isn’t an option as the LNB’s are too big. Best Ive seen is 4 degrees, and that’s pushing it.

I would get a motor…since they are so close, it shouldn’t be too much of an issue :D

Thanks folks!!!

I guess I'm in no win situation...
There is no professional Sat Dish installers in my area :mad:
There are some DishNetwork / DirecTV ppl are running around, but they have no idea what are they doing and what I'm asking for. The funny thing is that most of them think that there is only Echo and DirecTV sats out there ... It's very sad

Very Very sad indeed! Try here to see if there is a Pro. in your area, always ask to see if they have done a motorized FTA system before. Ask them what kind of signal meter they use, if they say they use a small TV do it yourself, we can help. Also ask to see his license if required in your state.

www.dbsinstall.com

Hunter

If you try to install the motorized dish yourself, read the instructions here: http://sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/HH-mount-installation.htm

If you get an installer, ask him to read the instructions as well. We get a lot of calls from installer who never don a motorized dish installation before. Once they learn, they add another skill to their capabilities. In fact one installer like what he did, he bough a motorized system himself and started a new hobby.

hunter2 said:
Thanks folks!!!

I guess I'm in no win situation...
There is no professional Sat Dish installers in my area :mad:
There are some DishNetwork / DirecTV ppl are running around, but they have no idea what are they doing and what I'm asking for. The funny thing is that most of them think that there is only Echo and DirecTV sats out there ... It's very sad

It's not only the installers. I think the entire DBS market base think like that: there are only 2 sets of satellites in the sky: DirecTV and Echostar. You would be hard pressed to find a DirecTV/Echostar customer knowing what BEV or Sky Mexico is, let alone MPEG2/FTA...

A few years back when DirecTV was charging people of pirating their signals (and demand settlements), one very common argument on Directv's side and also among the dish owners' concern is this:

If you are not a subscriber of DirecTV, then why do you have a dish on the roof? A dish (of any size) on the roof means you must be hacking DirecTV...

hunter,
you can do the install yourself. I had no experience at all other than self installing a couple of dish network systems for myself, when i went free to air. trust me they are not the same. but after 2 weeks of trying, there was nothing liike the feeling i had when i finally hit the arc, and the sats started jumping on my receiver. it was great! the guys here can help, and you can do it.

rangers00, lol, I like the statement:
“A dish (of any size) on the roof means you must be hacking DirecTV...” :D

neil_kc1,
Thanks for cheering me up ;) … I know that it will be very hard for me to install because my dish is mounted on the wall (and points to 97W). Another 10 more degree and it’s going to hit the wall …
So to get TRUE SOUTH, I don’t think it will be possible … or correct me if I’m wrong
About 2 years ago when I was installing this dish it took me 2 (or more) weeks to “set it up” but never actually work for me … I end up calling so called pro installer. The dude shows up with huge I mean HUGE sat finder (he was claiming that he paid $3000 for it, I don’t remember the brand, but I remember it looks like oscilloscope and it had Discovery HD logo on it and about 5” LCD screen and he was switching between TV and visual sat finder mode) it took him 2 hours to set the Sat up. He charges me $100 and waked away, when I asked him can you install motor on my dish, he told me “he don’t think that it will work here…” :confused:

Now before I begin. Can I setup the motor using FTA receiver, and then switch it to Nexus setup? Or it needs to be setup on the same system that I’m going to use

Thanks All.

I would install the dish and verify that its working using the receiver before going to the Nexus (PC card)... For one thing, you can take your receiver and a small TV out to the dish with you, which is quite difficult (if not impossible) with a PC. Also, the receiver has the ability to blind-scan the satellites (or at least most receivers do) which you cannot do with the Nexus.

hunter2 said:
Thanks for cheering me up ;) … I know that it will be very hard for me to install because my dish is mounted on the wall (and points to 97W). Another 10 more degree and it’s going to hit the wall …
So to get TRUE SOUTH, I don’t think it will be possible … or correct me if I’m wrong

if all you are trying to get is 97 & 95, just add the motor. since they are so close, the elevation isnt much different.

(Ask Cascade about his Line of Sight...not as bad as yours but not good either) :)

Thanks All for your input on this ...
So does anybody here know a Pro Dish installer in NY City area?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

new RTN signal on galaxy 10R

IA6 Encrypted Channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)