91,433 and dropping.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You might also note that there are a lot more than that of dish network or dtv recievers. AND at least they are getting bought by analog switcher-overers so they don't quit.

Um, maybe because its the ONLY way to recieve sub programming to the band of satellites? No competition. If drake and chaparral were also making these subscribeable recievers then i bet it would be closer to $200. I think its worth it. $700 would definately be high for these days, but recievers can be found at 399 at skyvision with purchase (to me this is pretty fair), and im sure i can find $150 worth of stuff that could use improving. Besides, the dish mover IS a big deal. Those separate dish mover boxes that are fifty bucks don't auto-travel the arc and find them for you or integrate the system with the timers that auto move the dish when you preprogram the timers (up to a year in advance :) ). For $50 bucks it only shows abbreviations on the front of the box, only allowing enter of satellite and manual east/west. Im talking new, not used. Get the sidecar NEW without mover and you can get by for that $150-200 that you like.
You are comparing (unfairly i might add) this multi task reciever with those little dish DVB receivers that dish is PUSHING (mass production). FTA receivers of the same tasking abilities run the same price as the LittleSillyDish receivers. There is a FTA reciever with the hard drive that acts like the LSD reciever and its running around $450 (skyvision, also i don't think it moves the dish).
Hell tivo is 250 and doesn't have polarity switching, multi banding (C/ku),mapping,dish moving, picture peaking signal meters that fix the picture for you, ect.
And how many channels would fit on cband reciev. if the channels were filled? 5,000? its a hundred channels per transponder, right? How many maxiumum can the LSD reciever hold, if full?
Obviously the LSD pushers are making their stuff appealing until they squash out their competition. Just like stuff on ebay. Might find a cheap item for a dollar (free recievers and basic install), but check out the shipping (ie programming costs, per box per month, upgrades, extra lollypop dishes, anything other than super basic installation, lack of phone connection.. all extras PER month) You have a problem with them or their services, tuff! dish net is dish net. Im sure this is all cliche again, oh well. I have some other friends that upgraded their system to the DVR and upped to the 120 i think (the first package with starz might even be the 60 but probably not) after they were with dish for well over a couple of years, and their bill for that month was 168 dollars! That would have got me a new feedhorn! I can always hook up to the dvd recorder.
By the way, i don't dislike any system, even cable. When I go somewhere, and the TV is on a decent subscription channel, im happy. Cband seems to be a hobbyist sport, and gets pricey, but im loving it.

I read this later and it sounds like im attacking --- promise that im not, english has never been my strong point. I was more of a math geek!

Well do you think our number would be higher than
91,433 if the 4dtv receiver prices were $150? I myself would think so.
Also it would be NICE to have a receiver that had built in HD and also be able to do DC Mega-pipe and better yet PowerVU too. Having those features would probally bring in even more subscribers. As any other system would be just foolish to own:D
But as it stands were just a dying breed because of over-priced, non- updated equipment. And maybe the DISH is too big too. I don't know

Yeah, you are right. Looks like i went into that big spiel for nothing! Funny you mention PowerVu, I was just bugging iceburg the other day if there was a way to subscribe to that. I wish drake and chap would make subscription / FTA / powervu combined reciever. if the 922 was $150, even $200 new i would have already bought one if that means anything.

Well, the dishs ARE big, and the equipment IS expensive. Its too bad to see the sub numbers dropping like that, I love c band programing and dread the day when the only way to sub is to use a pizza pan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Owners Manual??

Very impressed with C-band "rain/snow fade"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts