722K DVR Question

osidak

Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
USA
I am really feeling like an idiot here as I am not able to figure out what my issue is and after searching for it I can not find my answer on the web or in the manual.

Purchased a 722K receiver new in box off of the bay and got it activated. Currently it is still going through my old dish500 dish but getting a good signal and picture quality is great (guess I am missing the HD's but will be getting a 1000.4 western arc later this week)

So my issue - on the first night left the receiver in the default dual mode and set some timers to record something early the next morning and the wife set all her timers.

Later the next day I went to watch what I recorded and it was not in the list of recorded programs (list comes up when you hit the dvr button) - however if I hit the dvr button and then go to schedule and scrolled back up I see where it recorded to TV2 but I can not for the life of me figure out how to watch the show. It is stuck in lala land

We currently only have one tv connected to the receiver (have to do some wiring to make the back feed to work for the other TV.

Last edited:
Later the next day I went to watch what I recorded and it was not in the list of recorded programs (list comes up when you hit the dvr button) - however if I hit the dvr button and then go to schedule and scrolled back up I see where it recorded to TV2 but I can not for the life of me figure out how to watch the show. It is stuck in lala land.
You did push the DVR button twice to call up the list of recordings, right? (Or push DVR and then Select.) ((Or push
DVR then 1.:) ))

All recordings shown in the list of recordings and are available for viewing no matter which TV you view from.

Last edited:
I did it both ways - from what you are saying then many shows that where scheduled to record did not record - however if you click on the schedule tab it appears the shows did indeed record but under "TV2" and the only shows that are showing up under the "my recordings tab" recorded under "TV1"

The TV1/TV2 usage can be confusing. Depending on the usage, they can mean 2 different things. When referring to the tuners, they are just that TV1 tuner and TV2 tuner. Both record in HD and are accesible from either the TV1 or TV2 output. The other is output. TV1 output vs TV2 output. In single mode, the signal from the TV1 output is sent to both outputs. In dual mode each tuner sends it's signal to the respective TV. However, recorded programs should be available to both.

How did you hook up the two tuners to your "old dish 500?" If the TV2 tuner isn't hooked up correctly, then that might explain why recordings supposedly made from TV2 are missing. Try menu - 6 - 1 - 3 and read the device (h) line.

When I get home I will check it out - that said

Coax coming into house from dish going to the switch that came with the 722K - from there the three leads are connected to Sat1, Sat2 and the backfeed one is also connected

Try menu - 6 - 1 - 3 and read the device (h) line.

When I do this line h displays

Device: blank area / nothing

A show that recorded in at 1:30 this morning is not showing up in the "my recordings" tab and I saw the record light on as I was still up

Well, now, that's a head scratcher. I don't think even legacy LNBs show "blank area / nothing". Did you run a check-switch? I think this is menu 6 - 1 - 1 followed by Test.

Wheres my popcorn eating graemlin when I need him?
This forum needs more emoticons something awful.
So just pretend there is popcorn eating graemlin "Here". :)

Remote Control Problem

VIP 722k rca to coax conversion question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)