625 vs 722- Need advice

KWarner

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
St. Louis
I recently unpaused my account with Dish. After doing so, for whatever reason my historically very stable 722 crapped out. They brought me a 625, it was all the guy had on his truck. I am going to call Dish to get another 722. I have never had a 625 before. Besides the 722 larger hard drive are there any differences? I can think of no reason not to go back to the 722. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Thanks

You must not have HD if you can't think of a reason to have the 722...

Yeah, they're pretty much the same, 625 is the SD-equivalent to the 722, 625 only works on WA, 722 has some features here-and-there that the 625 doesn't, the biggest difference being the EHD functionality that the 625 doesn't have.

You sure it's not a 622 (which is an HD receiver) or is it replacing a 522 (not 722)? I would certainly call Dish, you should get the same level receiver as what you are having replaced. Something is not right from what you are telling us.

I agree with garys, if you had a 722 and you got a 625 you should PM me your account number so I can get you the correct receiver. If it is a 622 the difference is the hard drive like you said.

I had three different 722s, all of which suffered the same fate as the OP. Twice I had Dish send me replacements. Finally, I added and year to my contract by extending my current one. As Gary said. Your replacements are always the same model, unless a pre-arrangement was made. I finally jumped to the 722k.

OTA with 722, 722K and or 652-please explain

Travelling with dishnetwork

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)