612 nosy???

When they reboot at 3AM, the fan comes on high and it is quite loud for a few seconds. In normal operation, I can't hear mine at all. My daughter uses hers as an alarm clock by changing the reboot time.

The fan on my 612 only kicks on when my receiver is reset, otherwise it's very quiet.

there was one point where the fan was kicking on a lot, but I took an air duster and blew it out, since then it's been great.

The fan on my 612 only kicks on when my receiver is reset, otherwise it's very quiet.

there was one point where the fan was kicking on a lot, but I took an air duster and blew it out, since then it's been great.

Great tip! I think alot people don't realize how much dirt accumulates inside electronics, especially ones that utilitize fans, causing overheating problems and eventually a shorted life span.

Our 612 is in the bedroom. My wife was complaining that it was waking her up in the middle of the night so I changed the update time to 9 AM. No more problems, and it's dead silent the rest of the time. If you're hearing the fan a lot of the time I'd sure check for restricted airflow and or dust buildup.

Help with 722K Locks vs Favorites

Have Dishplayer AND DVHS Receiver, can I add them to my account?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)