522 woes

ts7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
IL
I just went to watch a pre-recorded show on my 522 DVR and found the entire list says Recovered (instead of any titles). As I scroll through the list, it appears each entry has the correct date/start time as well as episode # and original air date, but no title or description. In place of a description is the following message:

|0|This DVR event has experienced data corruption and has been recovered.

If I try to watch one of the events, I get a black screen, maybe the timer bar (showing a length of 12000+hours - I wish my DVR would hold 12000+hours!). If I try to do anything like fast forward, rewind, pause, etc. the unit does a hard reboot.

Regular TV seems to be working correctly.

My guess is the hard drive is trash (this is the 3rd or 4th unit I have had in 3 years). Of course it happens during season finales!

Anyone else experience anything like this? What is the best number/way to go about getting this replaced? I don't want to spend an hour on the phone with a tier 1 tech explaining to hold the silver button on the front of the unit, unplug the unit, etc. all this after sitting on hold for half an hour.

Thanks

HDMI dual tuner???

Dolby 5.1 problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)