522 dials 800-267-9084 every 2 minutes!!!

mdsilva

Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Has anyone found a solution to the 522's CONSTANT dialing?
Mine dials EVERY 2 minutes and each call is exactly 24 seconds long. This P.O.S. is tying up my phone at a rate of over 4,000 calls per month!!!

I called the "tech" people and the exchanged my new unit for a refurb. (thanks alot) and it does the exact same thing the first one was doing.
I have tried the reverse DSL filter - no change.
I also seem to recall someone saying that setting the 522 to dial a *99 prefix works, but I can't figure out a way to get the "*" character (no buttons will put anything into the field other than the number keys.

SO. Has anyone solved this problem?

Are you on VOIP?
Use the channel UP/DOWN buttons to get the *
I've had my 522 do that on my POTS line. A simple reboot solved the constant dialing.

my 522 does the same thing during the monthly call-ins to the Dish computer, constantly redialing and not connecting properly.

But, when I use the same 522 modem to call in for bill statement information, pay by credit card, etc. it works fine.

That tells me there is nothing wrong with my 522 receiver or voip phone line. . but something on their end instead.

mitchflorida said:
my 522 does the same thing during the monthly call-ins to the Dish computer, constantly redialing and not connecting properly.

But, when I use the same 522 modem to call in for bill statement information, pay by credit card, etc. it works fine.

That tells me there is nothing wrong with my 522 receiver or voip phone line. . but something on their end instead.

Well I hope they get their act together soon - this thing is tying up my phone line and my last phone bill was over 40 pages!!!
This is just ridiculous. And disconecting the line and paying an extra $5 a month is silly (and shouldn't be necessary).

I use Vonage and I had to change my bandwidth setting to make it stop dialing out every two minutes. Not sure if Cablevision/Optimum Voice has this, but worth looking in to.

n0qcu said:
Are you on VOIP?
Use the channel UP/DOWN buttons to get the *
I've had my 522 do that on my POTS line. A simple reboot solved the constant dialing.

OK. I tried the channel up/down buttons (and every other button) to try to get the * and nothing works. BTW, all the channel up/down buttons do while in this mode (entering info into the field) is move the highlighted field up and down. So all it does is take me out of the area I need to be in.
Since this is exactly how you are supposed to navigate around the screen, how is it that these buttons can be made to scroll through characters instead of moving from field to field?

Dish HD Demo channel different?

Buying a 522 outright?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)