522 Cable Question

All my receivers are centrally located in a utility closet where all wiring is home-run to a hub along with all my other equipment; whole house audio, cd changer, dvd changer etc. I have TV2 from a 322 going to the guest room and TV2 from a 522 going to my daughter's room. If someone wants to watch some of the shows recorded on the 522 in the guest room, that's great because all I have to do is set the modulator to another channel but, you have to get the Dish UHF remote from my
daughters room .

I would rather have the option of using ONE of my IR programmable remotes. I can also program it with macros to make it easier for her to use . I also have some other IR equipment (whole house audio, surveillance cameras, lighting etc. ) who's IR codes are not in the Dish remote's library so I can't use the Dish remote for that . Again, if TV2 were IR, I could program 1 programmable remote to control everything .

I know it sounds complicated but it actually would make it simpler for my family to use; with 1 remote you hit the SAT 1 button and the TV turns on, the sat turns on the TV tunes to the correct modulated channel. Want watch something on the 522 hard drive ? Hit SAT 2, it turns on the 522 and tunes the TV to the correct channel. Want to watch a DVD, same thing.

My situation is different from most, but in most installations like mine, all of the equipment is controlled using IR, and not having that option on TV2 is a problem .

522 - Channel 3 and Channel 73 on one coax line

Maybe this is already asked, but I read a few similar and confusing answers were given.

I'd like to combine the channel 3 ouput of my 522 for tv1 and the channel 73 output of the same 522 for tv2 on one coax line that I will run to a single tv. The tv then could have only channels 3 and 73 memorized and be able to switch between them with it's own remote.

Can I just take the ouput coax for tv1 (channel 3) and output coax for tv2 (channel 73 on my system) and combine them with a normal connector? Or do I need something special?

I ask before I try since I don't want to fry the thing...

-John Rose

Combining TV outputs.

I combine mine no problems, just using a splitter in reverse seems to work fine. Just don't get confused about the press select screen saver not always being there on TV1 output, just press the big red power button in sat mode to get TV1 back. I got extra remote from Ebay and enabled uhf on TV1. Now can watch TV1 in my room while wife watches TV2 in her's, as well as using TV1 as normal in the livingroom during the day.

DishPVR 921...Thanks for all your help

No Smartcard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)