508 DVR buttons disabled?

DJTempo7

Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
Dallas
This post is a few YEARS after the original was posted, but I'm going nuts, and this is the only lead I have (so far).

I've got a decade old 508. Software version P408. A couple months ago, it started "acting up", not responding to remote control commands. It's gotten progressively worse, this morning deciding to stop responding to "transport controls" completely. The other buttons, on-off, up-down-left-right, menu, guide buttons all work fine. Just the FF/Rew/Pause/Stop buttons aren't functional.

Anyone? Beuler? Anyone?

Transport controls...

I don't know when the P408 software was installed, but I've noticed over the past couple weeks that my transport controls on the remote have become temperamental, and as of this morning are dysfunctional. I'm guessing Dish has somehow done this to provoke me to buy a new system with the necessary monthly service fee for DVR functions.

Does anyone know if/how I can force my 508 to reload an earlier version of the software?

Or... I have a 2nd 508 that has an older version of the Software (not sure which version, it's in the garage in a box, but it hasn't been used in a couple years). Can I copy the contents of that drive (and it's older software) onto my other 508 drive? Anyone? Beuler? Beuler?

To update software, go into Point Dish screen (menu,6,1,1). Let the satellite lock (go for sat 119, trans 19) then press the power button to shut the receiver off. It should start an update within 15min (usually 2-5min) and will take about 5-10 minutes to update

Unknown Legally but MORALLY good hacking help requested

Dish Remote Access/Dish Online password problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)