Jan 27, 2005
SC
Please excuse anything retarded in the following letter -

This is my setup I have on the way:

76cm Winegard Dish
SG2100 Motor
Invacom SNH-031 Single LNBF
PANSAT 2500A

This is my question: I have been reading the forums trying to figure out whether or not I need to also strap my Standard DSS LNB on the dish as well. I do not intend to use the Standard LNB for any illegal sats but I notice some Sats are linear some circular? Please help, as I am way past confused at this point? :confused:

Hello and welcome, nice set up! Strapping a DBS LNB to your standard KU LNBF is an option for picking up the few circular polarized satellites up there, well worth it IMO. You will need a 2/1 DiSEqC switch to get it all working together, or as I use a simple A/B switch. The problem is that your DBS LNB is off set slightly so you have to setup all your DBS satellite positions with DiSEqC 1.2 in the antenna setup screen.

Coming in March there is a new linear/circular combined LNBF that can be used for all satellites if I were you I would hold out for one of them (unless you have an old DBS LNB) Here are some details about the new LNBF.....

Receive Dish Network / DirecTV and FTA Channels with one LNBF!

Available March, 2005

"Forgot to add I can get the NASA(119w) and Gol(110w) channels from Dishnetwork with a standard LNBF, its worth a try, point your dish at the Dishnetwork satellite and try a blind scan you may be lucky this trick does not work in all parts of the country but works for some FTA channels for me"

Thanks for the quick reply. This new LNBF may be the wave of the future for those of us wanting everything under the sun in one package? :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

My 18" dish farm report.

How I found the Clark Belt...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)