2024-2025 NCAA Football Thread

So now Mountain West doesn't qualify, and PAC12 will need a couple more teams.
The MWC still has eight teams (Air Force, Hawai'i, Nevada, New Mexico, San Jose State, UNLV, Utah State and Wyoming) and a whole wad of money from the departing teams as well as poaching fees from the Pac-12.

This is an interesting read from ESPN:

Reactions: AZ.
Maybe this should have gone in the "You can't make this Up ' Thread ...
Is it trying to be early 2000 Florida or earlier Miami ???

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: AZ.
Good ole rankings. Michigan loses to ranked Texas, falls to 17th. Notre Dame loses to Northern Illinois, falls to 18th. Texas is now 2nd, and let me guess, Northern Illinois is 11th? Not quite, but they are 25th. Yes, Michigan lost by more...but again, national football program that was already ranked, verses... well I assume a MAC team. Clemson lost to Georgia (that school no one is beating) and is 22nd.
I'm not one to be all conspiracy theory, but I caught the end of that NIU v Notre Dame game, and if one wanted to believe college football was nothing but a sham, the call on the 3rd and 2 and the ensuing replay really gives one no other possible consideration. In real time, it appeared he got a yard more than needed. In fact, it didn't look close at all. On the replay, it confirmed that he was rotated and couldn't have possibly been that short. And then the refs stop the clock saving a timeout for Notre Dame.

What in the heck?!

So, obviously, he's ALL about the Money ....
Do you blame him? Its his last year of eligibility, leaving now does save him a year somewhere else if he decides to do that. If he were to play another game he would lose his possibility of using a redshirt season.

Lets face it, college football is a job now, especially at the QB position. If a competing company hired you away from your employer with the promise of a $200,000 salary, and upon arriving were only paying you $75,000, you would leave as well. Anyone would. (the numbers used here or examples only).

Now all of what I posted above is going off of what HE said. There obviously may be more to the situation.

Reactions: meStevo
Do you blame him? Its his last year of eligibility, leaving now does save him a year somewhere else if he decides to do that. If he were to play another game he would lose his possibility of using a redshirt season.

Lets face it, college football is a job now, especially at the QB position. If a competing company hired you away from your employer with the promise of a $200,000 salary, and upon arriving were only paying you $75,000, you would leave as well. Anyone would. (the numbers used here or examples only).

Now all of what I posted above is going off of what HE said. There obviously may be more to the situation.
What ever happened with the player in Florida that didn't get what he agreed upon ?

Do you Really think anyone will take a flyer (Big School) on him, knowing that he walked out on his teammates ?

What ever happened with the player in Florida that didn't get what he agreed upon ?

Do you Really think anyone will take a flyer (Big School) on him, knowing that he walked out on his teammates ?
The kid has some decent skills, so yeah, I doubt he has a problem getting a shot at another school, unless something big comes out that he isnt saying. The main people that will be upset about this are the fans, and mostly just fans of THAT school.

Ten years ago, I would have had the same knee jerk reaction some others have had.

Now, with todays "game", not so much. Its a job just like working for any other company. While I may not necessarily like the way the game is these days, it is what it is.

The kid has some decent skills, so yeah, I doubt he has a problem getting a shot at another school, unless something big comes out that he isnt saying.

Ten years ago, I would have had the same knee jerk reaction some others have had.

Now, with todays "game", not so much. Its a job just like working for any other company. While I may not necessarily like the way the game is these days, it is what it is.
Its possible he gets a shot elsewhere, seeing hes not a Big Time player ....
Played for Holy Cross, so he wasn't ever a 4 or 5* Qb, so he's not going to get much attention regardless.

A 4* would get no shot at this point in his career.
A 5* maybe, just because hes a 5.

Kids like him are all over the place, sounds like he ONLY transferred for the money, nothing else .
I feel bad for the teammates hes left at 2 different schools now.

Like Mike Tomlin says, I want Volunteers, Not Hostages.

A 4* would get no shot at this point in his career.
A 5* maybe, just because hes a 5.
He is a senior. At this point in his career any school that looks at him wont care if he was a 3/4/5* in high school.

They will be interested in his skill set. Hes a decent QB that adds a strong run component to the position.

Reactions: osu1991
IMO, if he made any mistake in this whole thing, it was not getting what he says he was promised in writing before he came to UNLV.

Reactions: osu1991
Nobody but ESPN cares about 3,4,5 stars.

Ive given up on the game. Watch the Pokes and Michigan if they're on otherwise I don't care anymore. It's a business now, as Gundy said before the first game. It's time to go to work now. I don't want to hear from your agents again until December. The deals have been made.

No idea what happened in Vegas, and doubt it ever all comes out, but yeah this is his last chance and someone will take a chance on him as he's proven he does have some talent.

Reactions: Ronnie-

MLB 2024 Season