2024-2025 NCAA Football Thread

Hell of a start to the season with the Ga Tech upset.
Is Ga Tech looking at a Great year or is FSU headed for a Long season ???

Or a little of both, on this Over Reaction Week 0 ...:imconfused :oops:.

Generally, Teams improve the most from week 1 to week 2

That said, you want to be playing your Best towards the end of the season

Most teams don't have it firing on all cylinders in the first few weeks, I'll say FSU will bounce back and get it figured out (at least I expect they will)

Also, with the new Expanded Playoffs, 1 loss doesn't hurt most teams, at least it won't knock you out of the conversation ...

Vanderbilt beat Virginia Tech. They were up 17-0 at one point. :oops:

Needed OT to win in the end, but this will go down as one of the most unexpected outcomes.

Reactions: Jimbo
I'm going for "Long season" after last night.
FSU will NOT lose this week !

They have a BYE, already.

I know there are others with really early bye weeks, which seem like a disservice to those teams as they would usually want one, say half way thru the season ... where they won't get another ...
They could have a 2nd bye, I suppose, I don't think that happens all that often though.

Then again, it Might be Very helpful for FSU .

My brother called me Saturday evening and said he’s taken down his Notre Dame flag from his flagpole to put it away until next year…

Good ole rankings. Michigan loses to ranked Texas, falls to 17th. Notre Dame loses to Northern Illinois, falls to 18th. Texas is now 2nd, and let me guess, Northern Illinois is 11th? Not quite, but they are 25th. Yes, Michigan lost by more...but again, national football program that was already ranked, verses... well I assume a MAC team. Clemson lost to Georgia (that school no one is beating) and is 22nd.

Good ole rankings. Michigan loses to ranked Texas, falls to 17th. Notre Dame loses to Northern Illinois, falls to 18th. Texas is now 2nd, and let me guess, Northern Illinois is 11th? Not quite, but they are 25th. Yes, Michigan lost by more...but again, national football program that was already ranked, verses... well I assume a MAC team. Clemson lost to Georgia (that school no one is beating) and is 22nd.
Well we will finally have something that looks like a playoff now, and Im happy about it. For way to long in my life all that mattered was the stinking rankings from coaches and or sports writers!

Some teams get better as the year goes on, some show their real colors! Its darn early and many more upsets still waiting to happen.

So apparently the Mountain West conference is rebranding as the PAC 12.

Well, not really, but might as well be.

Look for the conference USA to become the new MW soon.

NFL 2024-2025 Season