DIRECTV Stream Prices going up

The problem is finding something that can deliver the service comparable to our rather large home installation of 8 receivers (an HR54 Genie, 4 HR24s and 3 mini clients.

And the "FAF" (Family Acceptance Factor) and learning curves required to move on to something else. When after all these years and people have grown older and set in their ways.

DIRECTV has become like a natural part of the household now. And still the "devil everyone very well knows" and comfortable with in spite of the costs.

Got to break this stubborn mentality ....

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
For the streaming alternative, as Bruce said, you can get an unlimited stream option with YTTV that would meet most of your needs, assuming you have the internet for it.

If you need the RSN, you are kinda stuck.

But if not, YTTV with unlimited streams ( for all those 8 rooms) is $83.99

As far as switching to any service, always a learning curve, usually takes 2 weeks for most, good thing YTTV has a free 21 day trial.
YTTV is what I'm strongly leaning toward...

But you hit on one of the main hangups I'm having trying to convince others to break with DIRECTV, "the RSN" problem.

As there're Lakers and Dodgers fans here. And asking me if YTTV can get Spectrum Sportsnet and Sportsnet LA?

But you hit on one of the main hangups I'm having trying to convince others to break with DIRECTV, "the RSN" problem.

As there're Lakers and Dodgers fans here. And asking me if YTTV can get Spectrum Sportsnet and Sportsnet LA?
If the RSN is a must have, then you are stuck with DirecTV and paying almost double then what YTTV costs.

When I gave up on Live TV, I made a list of must have channels, I found that all those channels content were on the streaming services.

Except one thing…..College Football, so back with YTTV from September-January, after that, not an issue, ESPN Streaming goes Live next year and that issue will be solved.

Reactions: Foxbat
If the RSN is a must have, then you are stuck with DirecTV and paying almost double then what YTTV costs.

When I gave up on Live TV, I made a list of must have channels, I found that all those channels content were on the streaming services.

Except one thing…..College Football, so back with YTTV from September-January, after that, not an issue, ESPN Streaming goes Live next year and that issue will be solved.

Oh boy, ...

Yikes!, .... forgot about College Football ....

Also got USC fans here who have been waiting a long time when they were part of the Pac-10 and DIRECTV never picked up that RSN. And are now ecstatic to finally get see them now on the BTN since they moved to that conference.

Sign ....

Oh well, make that three "RSN" problems keeping us tied to DIRECTV.

Spectrum SN, SNLA, and the BTN I guess. ....

Oh boy, ...

Yikes!, .... forgot about College Football ....

Also got USC fans here who have been waiting a long time when they were part of the Pac-10 and DIRECTV never picked up that RSN. And are now ecstatic to finally get see them now on the BTN since they moved to that conference.

Sign ....

Oh well, make that three "RSN" problems keeping us tied to DIRECTV.

Spectrum SN, SNLA, and the BTN I guess. ....
YTTV has BTN, along with all the National Sports Channels, just not the RSNs.

New DIRECTV Satellite pricing

New Genie Menus Coming in July