"1080i Not Supported"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
On Wednesday he posted it's a K-65XR70C
Many times the C designates made for Costco, other times Best Buy has a letter/number to designate to them ...walmart as well.
Often times those that have that designation, come with less options ...

Not saying thats the case here, but could be.

My sister bought a Best Buy version and later found it only had 1 HDMI port, now she's sorry.

Did you resolve this?
Thanks for asking, No and I've done everything suggested. However, on Friday I noticed twice the TV came on all by itself. I make sure it is off by using the Sony remote. One time my wife walked past the room, and the TV was on stating "no signal", the sound bar was off, and the DirecTV receiver was off. I had not been in that room for 8 hours and made it a point to turn it off.
This afternoon (Sunday) we got home from a day and a half away, and the fugging thing was on.
I think I've been pretty patient. I've received extremely good help from you guys, Sony was no help.

I'm taking it back tomorrow, and considering an LG or Samsung OLED.

So, not realizing they make TVs especially for Costco and best buy, when I take it back to Costco should I buy another one there?

Reactions: lordodogg
However, on Friday I noticed twice the TV came on all by itself. I make sure it is off by using the Sony remote. One time my wife walked past the room, and the TV was on stating "no signal", the sound bar was off, and the DirecTV receiver was off. I had not been in that room for 8 hours and made it a point to turn it off.
This afternoon (Sunday) we got home from a day and a half away, and the fugging thing was on.
I think I've been pretty patient. I've received extremely good help from you guys, Sony was no help.

My 4 LG TV's does the same thing where only the TV comes on for no reason sometimes.

when I take it back to Costco should I buy another one there?

I recommend “no.” TANSTAAFL

Currently, I cannot recommend Samsung. Just my opinion.

Perhaps a different Sony model, bought elsewhere?

I recommend “no.” TANSTAAFL

Currently, I cannot recommend Samsung. Just my opinion.

Perhaps a different Sony model, bought elsewhere?
I agree.....I love my Sony but reading great reviews on the higher end TCLs! That may be my next 100" tv?

Thanks for asking, No and I've done everything suggested. However, on Friday I noticed twice the TV came on all by itself. I make sure it is off by using the Sony remote. One time my wife walked past the room, and the TV was on stating "no signal", the sound bar was off, and the DirecTV receiver was off. I had not been in that room for 8 hours and made it a point to turn it off.

So, not realizing they make TVs especially for Costco and best buy, when I take it back to Costco should I buy another one there?
Yes, but I'd consider a different model possibly.

I agree.....I love my Sony but reading great reviews on the higher end TCLs! That may be my next 100" tv?
100”!!!

No WAF for that in my home!

I bought the TCL QM85 98” ( the best out of this year’s models) , I absolutely love it, had to rearrange the entire room because of the purchase.

But with this giant screen, absolutely beautiful picture, now only 8 feet away, since I updated my sound system also, never need to go to Theaters again ( the last few times was a disaster, cannot anyone stay off their phones more then 5 minutes).

The spontaneous powering up of a TV may be CEC trying to be “helpful”.

Reactions: AZ.

The TV's made for Costco are in no way inferior to there counterparts. Your not getting a cheaper model. If you have any plans to use Dolby Vision then avoid Samsung as they dont support it. I would vote for LG or Hisense

Reactions: spiderman865
The TV's made for Costco are in no way inferior to there counterparts.

Really? Folks have posted here about same model but reduced features. I’m guessing businesses selling the same model insist upon it, as Costco sells cheaper.

Years ago, when I was searching for a new TV, I tracked down a certain model. At Costco, it sure looked the same, but as noted here, it did not have as many HDMI ports. Something else was missing, but I don’t recall what.

Also, I noted that the TVs (when did we stop saying “HDTVs”) were all laying flat, but had large lettering that said “DO NOT LAY FLAT.”

Really? Folks have posted here about same model but reduced features. I’m guessing businesses selling the same model insist upon it, as Costco sells cheaper.

Years ago, when I was searching for a new TV, I tracked down a certain model. At Costco, it sure looked the same, but as noted here, it did not have as many HDMI ports. Something else was missing, but I don’t recall what.

Also, I noted that the TVs (when did we stop saying “HDTVs”) were all laying flat, but had large lettering that said “DO NOT LAY FLAT.”
Walmart and Target will sell some cheap stripped down models but Costco does not. Those model numbers also are usually very off from what would be the same model as Best Buy. A LG OLED C series at Best Buy is the same as Costco even though there may be one digit off on the model number

The TV's made for Costco are in no way inferior to there counterparts. Your not getting a cheaper model. If you have any plans to use Dolby Vision then avoid Samsung as they dont support it. I would vote for LG or Hisense
Correct, they are not inferior, they just don't have all the options you would find from a High End TV store or Sony themselves.

Often times you can do a Google search and it will show the differences.

Reactions: navychop
Correct, they are not inferior, they just don't have all the options you would find from a High End TV store or Sony themselves.

Thanks everybody, I took the Sony Bravia 7 back to Costco. There had to be some kind of software issue or something else with all the weird schitt that was happening.
I did some research overnight and purchased an LG OLED 65" evo C4 at Costco. There was a members only sale, and it ended up being $100 less than the Sony Bravia 7!
I got it unboxed, set up, and connected in less than 90 minutes and everything is working 100%.

That’s not correct also. Rtings has spoken about this many times in there reviews of not only all TV’s but even high end one also. You’re getting the same TV. Same features. Same HDMI ports. Same HDMI specs. The color may be a different shade of black but there is no performance difference The OLED TV the OP bought has the same everything has a TV purchased anywhere else

Reactions: spiderman865
That’s not correct also. Rtings has spoken about this many times in there reviews of not only all TV’s but even high end one also. You’re getting the same TV. Same features. Same HDMI ports. Same HDMI specs. The color may be a different shade of black but there is no performance difference The OLED TV the OP bought has the same everything has a TV purchased anywhere else
NOT TRUE

IF they same the Same Model, Yes
These are NOT the same model.

NOT TRUE

IF they same the Same Model, Yes
These are NOT the same model.
From Sony-

The difference in the model numbers is based on the type of store they are sold in, and their warranty terms. For example, the A80CK is the same as the A80K, but the models A80CK is sold at membership-only clubs, such as Costco. Please check the documentation that came with your TV model for its warranty terms.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Max logon not working

Directv rewards ripped me off