The Solid Signal Blog

Get the latest on the world of Technology from our friends at SolidSignal.COM
If you’ve ever had a DIRECTV connection issue, you know how frustrating these things can be. Wouldn’t it be great to just pick up the phone to fix these glitches? With Signal Connect, that exactly what you can do… and it’s free! When you call us, one of our expert techs diagnose your problem then coach you through the fix. You’ll be back to watching your favorite shows in no time! As we said, this service is free, and it’s available to anyone with DIRECTV. Just give Signal Connect a call when you have DIRECTV problems. Troubleshooting DIRECTV Connection Issues Meet Jason Vanover. He’s a customer solution manager with Solid Signal, an online online electronics retailer sister company to Signal Connect. Because he knows so much...
As an over-the-road truck driver, do you find it difficult to stay in shape? Most of your day is spent behind the wheel, with little free time to yourself. When you do have some time, you’re usually nowhere near a gym. To make fitness more difficult, it’s hard to enjoy a healthy meal on the road. There are so many fast food restaurants around, and even many truck stops have them. The good news is that there are ways that truck drivers can stay in shape and eat healthy on those long hauls. Signal Connect shares some tips to help truckers who want to be more health conscious on the job. Trucker Cardio on the Road As far as fitness goals go, it’s important to keep your heart healthy. Cardiovascular or cardio activity is one of...
It’s been very popular in the last few months to say that Marvel’s Cinematic Universe has run its course. Certainly we can point to the sub-par performance of its last several projects, but I think it’s just fatigue. The thing is, it’s not new. I present to you an article I wrote way back in January 2019. It’s completely unedited. I was saying all this stuff nearly five years ago! The funniest thing is that if Marvel had taken the five-year pause I suggested back then, right after Avengers: Endgame, they’d have a huge amount of pent-up demand at this point. OK enough gloating. Here’s the article. That’s right, I’ll say it. I’m tired of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It’s dragged me down. I know there are still several more movies...
It’s 2023 and we’re still talking about why you would need a cellular signal booster. To be honest, I’m a little surprised. First of all I kind of thought by now the major cell providers would have done a better job of getting good signal to everyone. I mean, they’ve put up a lot of 5G towers, but that only seems to have made things worse indoors. Second, I thought that cell boosters would have had a “breakthrough moment” by now, and they would just be one of the common appliances you put in your home like a microwave or a Wi-Fi router. But in both cases, I was wrong — it’s not the first time that’s happened — and so I’m left to write an article like this, talking about why having a cell booster is better than not having a cell...
Eave mounts are a very popular way to put an antenna or satellite dish on your home. But, hardly a day goes by when someone doesn’t ask if this antenna or that antenna will work with an eave mount. The answer is always “maybe,” and that means it’s a great time to write an article for The Solid Signal Blog. First off, what’s an eave? People have heard of “eavesdropping” but they may not know what an “eave” is. An eave is that little space that your roof covers that goes beyond the walls of your house. It’s usually capped at the end by something called a fascia board, which is that long piece of wood at the very end of the eave. Side note: they call it “eavesdropping” because it originally meant standing so close to the house that you...
When the term traditional, modern, or contemporary is associated with a house’s style, it conjures more than a mere classification as old or new. Design covers a lot of elements, like how a building looks, how it’s arranged inside, the colors, materials, and how rooms are laid out. It all combines to make a home look a certain way. Picking a design style isn’t the same for everyone; it’s about what you like. Architecture is all about designing buildings and it’s a complicated field. Architects play a crucial role in design and project planning, from creating visual representations of buildings to overseeing construction projects. Their ability to blend client desires with their creative interpretation is vital for a building’s success...
It was September, 2012. Seems like a million years ago. I was at the CEDIA Expo in Indianapolis. Back then it was still a show for installers of high-end audio and video systems. More to the point, that was when the CEDIA show was really “the place to be” for premium home video. Back then, a lot of people still used A/V installers to make the systems of their dreams come true. Sadly today, most people just buy TVs at a club store and set them up themselves. The show had an actual 4K TV on display. I had seen 4K projectors before, but this was the first time I’d actually seen a real actual 4K TV. The technology really was that new. The theoretical 4K TV For a price slightly over $20,000 you got an 84″ TV. Or you would, since this was...
Here’s a depressing statistic: about 90% of people experience bad cell service at some point during the day. Here’s something even more depressing: it’s usually either at home or in the office. Most buildings today are designed to be energy-efficient. This also means that they block cell phone signals very well. It’s the same radiation barrier that blocks heat from entering or escaping that’s to blame. Energy efficient windows are another culprit: they block cell signals better than most radiation barriers. Once a cell signal gets into the building, there are even more challenges. Metal wiring in the walls and modern appliances conspire to block signals even more. There’s a solution… There’s a simple device that you can install...
October 16-22, 1999 This week we travel to Ireland to talk TV with The Try Channel’s own Dermot Ward. Ken and Dermot discuss why Dermot is even on the show, bad ideas, Dermot talking people out of liking him, Big Trouble in Little China, being a Martial Arts nerd, Ireland’s national martial art, awful Boston Irish stupidity, The Streets, the origins of Corned Beef and Cabbage, The 50 Greatest TV Characters Ever, being totally overwhelmed by TV Guide listings, Letterman, weird commercial breaks, prescription drugs, the English, Fifish Finkle, Picket Fences, Joan Collins, Hawk, PBS Mystery, Prime Suspect, Father Ted, AbFab, Roseanne, Cheer, High School, The Avengers, Emma Peele, Taxi, The Prisoner, swears on American TV, NYPD Blue...
According to a report from Cord Cutters News, Paramount, the parent of Showtime, is shutting down its “Showtime Anytime” app. It doesn’t come as a surprise. I myself predicted it earlier this year. The big surprise is that if you get Showtime from your cable or satellite provider, forget about using an app to watch that content. It’s not likely to happen. The details According to a graphic posted on Showtime’s site, This is just the logical conclusion of Paramount’s efforts to move all Showtime content to the Paramount+ app. So, if you want to stream Showtime content, Paramount+ is the only way to do it. And, that means paying $12 a month more than you’re already paying for Showtime on live TV. Honestly, this move makes HBO’s...
RV storage should be on every camper owner’s mind now that winter is here. Have you incorporated any of these seven RV winter storage tips? Many RVs, campers, and motorhomes go into storage this time of the year. This is true for those who live in the Midwestern or Northeastern parts of the United States. Unless you travel all year long, you’re going to store your RV when the snow starts coming down. To help you do this, we’ve complied these seven RV storage solutions. Use them to help winterize your RV. 1) RV Water Tank Maintenance Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Frozen water inside your RV plumbing will freeze and break the fittings and lines. This is why it’s important to drain the RV water system before...
In an increasingly interconnected world, we rely on wireless communication and electronic devices more than ever before. From smartphones to Wi-Fi routers, our lives are surrounded by signals and electromagnetic waves. While this connectivity brings numerous benefits, it also raises concerns about signal pollution and its environmental impact. In this article, we’ll explore what signal pollution is, its environmental consequences, and the role of rugged technology in mitigating this issue. Understanding Signal Pollution Signal pollution, also known as electromagnetic pollution or EM pollution, emerges when the electromagnetic spectrum becomes overcrowded with unwanted or disruptive signals. This phenomenon occurs when these signals...
Sometimes you just have too much coffee and not enough brain cells. This week’s podcast might just fit that bill. Listen for yourself and patronize our sponsor by going to Solid Signal - Signal Solutions including HDTV Antennas, DIRECTV and DISH Network satellite equipment and home entertainment supplies and accessories or calling 888-233-7563. Listen to the podcast your way! Just choose one of the following: Option 1: Click on the image above to stream the podcast in your browser. If you use the YouTube player above, be sure to subscribe to get future videos delivered to you! Option 2: The Solid Signal Podcast is available on several podcast aggregators. Search for us, or tap on the links below on your mobile device. If you want us...
Are you a truck driver who’s contemplating going into business for yourself? That’s a good idea. Nearly 70 percent of the freight in the U.S. travels by truck at some point in its journey. Current forecasts predict that big rigs will continue to be the dominant freight carrier for the nearly 11 billion tons of cargo expected to ship each year. You’ll earn more money if you’re hauling this freight for yourself rather than for another shipping company. Before you hang your shingle, there are things you should know about operating a commercial trucking company. These five tips will help you start your business on a strong footing, and guide you toward a successful future in commercial trucking. Step 1: Trucking Company Regulations...