www.voom.com shows dish channel numbers!

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Hi

I was just looking through the voom.com site and noticed that it shows DISH network channel numbers.

Now, this is ok, except it got me wondering:

How can it be fully independant if it shows the Dish channel numbers?

How can they sell it to another service, cable or DTV with the site customized for DISH?

Then I turned on HDNews, and noticed it TOO shows dish channel numbers for the VOOM stuff!

So, until all the channel numbers are removed, we know FOR SURE, that Voom content has not been sold to any other media group, like dtv, cable, etc.

I was thinking about this the other day. Dish Network is not merely a provider for VOOM HD Originals but it is a partner for Voom HD Originals. Given this fact I believe that Dish Network will/have a special interest in VOOM HD Original to be "Exclusively" on Dish Network. See that I put the word "Exclusively" in quotations because if we learned our history well we can see what has happened to the "INHD" channels on cable. Rumors kept coming that they (INHD channels) were up for grab by any provider but when the former VOOM DBS and DirecTv tried to obtain them, Comcast, the owner of INHD, jacked up the price to make it impossible for any other provider to get them.

So it is quite possible that in the future we may end up with the following scenario:

Cable will have INHD/INHD2 and INDemand

Dish Network will have VOOM HD Originals

DirecTv will have (the future coming) Fox HD Originals

With this scenario each one will have something unique that the other provider is not providing and will entice viewers to go in different directions or to subscribe to two services.

philhu said:
I was just looking through the voom.com site and noticed that it shows DISH network channel numbers.
I wouldn't read too much into this. We all know that VOOM is currently not available anywhere else but on Dish. So there is nothing wrong with showing the channel numbers of the only provider. If one day VOOM shows up somewhere else, then they will change that text in no time. ;)

Thursday January 5th Broadcast Networks HDTV!

Friday January 6th Broadcast Networks HDTV!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)