Writers strike scraps season premier of 24

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
according to thursday's tvguide.com, 24 has become the latest casulty in the writers strike.

the seventh season will not debut january 13 and january 14 as planned. because filming does not begin until september, tptb pushed back the debut to retain the show's continuity (SP?).

at least, this means we will have jack bauer to entertain us this summer and perhaps, beyond!

That sucks. :(

This is my favorite show on broadcast television even if Season 6 was terrible compared to seasons 1 through 5.

according to thursday's tvguide.com, 24 has become the latest casulty in the writers strike.

the seventh season will not debut january 13 and january 14 as planned. because filming does not begin until september, tptb pushed back the debut to retain the show's continuity (SP?).

at least, this means we will have jack bauer to entertain us this summer and perhaps, beyond!

I do not understand. Filming was supposed to start 9/2007? So they waited this long to start filming. I mean it is 11/2007 and the writers did not go on strike on 9/2007? am I missing something here? or people are just plain lazy ;)

according to hal bodeker, tv critic at the orlando sentinel, 8 episodes of the new season were already filmed. fox, afraid the strike might be lengthy, decided to push back the premeir to ensure all 24 episodes would be shown without interuption.

fox was afraid the 8 epis would air, then viewers would be left in the lurch during the strike. bodeker says filming will begin again after the strike is over. hence, my comment we will probably be watching jack bauer well into the summer and maybe, fall.

comprehend?

This is how you end the writers strike:

Actors make too much money as it is. Make them give a concession to the writers.

Actors make too much money as it is. Make them give a concession to the writers.

Yeah, right; and CEO's should stop getting $53 million Xmas bonuses and give concessions to their hard-working employees now working for $12 per hour! :)

24 is to be delayed, according to someone I know there is heavy talk of 24 being delayed one year....the writers strike is their cover up....remember who is serving time for a dui arrest and cant drive (even on set) hint hint: "We dont have alot of time" is his number one line in the show ;). We will hopefully know more but I hope this isnt true as this is my favorite show on tv. (well lost and the office and my name is earl is up there, along with pushing daises!)

The strike is the reason he is serving his sentence now. It was supposed to be delayed until filming was over, but with the strike he decided to get it over with now. I think they had 6 episodes filmed before the strike affected them.

the writers strike is their cover up....remember who is serving time for a dui arrest and cant drive

Yup, you have your cause and effect mixed up. Writers strike started before Kieffer started his sentence, and Kieffer will be out long before it ends (he's only serving 48 days).

nope read closer....HE CANT DRIVE, even on set he is not allowed to operate a motor vehicle, he may be serving his sentence in jail, but the last part of my sentence was the kicker.

I wish the season were coming, I know alot of us do, but it dosent look like its going to happen.

edit: by the way no attitude or madness implied by caps, just driving home point.

HE CANT DRIVE, even on set he is not allowed to operate a motor vehicle

So? Thats far from an insurmountable problem when it comes to tv shows. Stunt doubles, green screens, etc easily fix that. Simple fact is that he could have waited till mid feburary to start serving his sentence. He chose to go in right away due to the writer's strike.

Now if his cell phone was banned, then you might have to cancel the show!

anyone else realize sunday night would have been the start of season 7? even joe buck had a comment during the boys-giants game. i'm missing jack, chloe and evil tony already!!

Has nothing to do with the actors, they get cheated as well for the most part. Most actors don't make the big bucks.

It's the studios...

They refuse to come to an agreement on how to pay the writers over new media distribution like iTunes and broadband streaming/downloads. They think they can cut out the writers from the rerun and syndication payments because this is a new distribution method.

Interesting how the studios consider ALL distribution the same for hauling pirates into court but not the same when THEY need to pay those who create the content in the first place.

New Knight Rider Coming to NBC in February

Premiums -- Links

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)