wnjs-23

ronfelder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
south jersey
Anybody else in the philly area watch chanel 23, WNJS-TV? Reason i ask is though it's a digital signal the pictures is snowy. It's as though it was a weak signal. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. Not sure if I should report this to Dish or not.

Ron

This is from the WNJS Web Page

"WNJS Channel 23 South Jersey at very low power for DTV project"

"If you are experiencing poor reception of NJN’s channel 23 signal you are not alone. NJN has begun the final conversion to Digital Television at our WNJS Channel 23 South Jersey station. This conversion requires the replacement of the existing 35 year old antenna and transmission line at our transmitter site. The antenna sits atop a 822 foot tall broadcast tower and weighs in at 15 tons. In order to replace this antenna while remaining on the air, NJN has installed a standby antenna a little lower on the tower. Unfortunately this temporary antenna operates with less power and height and therefore less signal. This antenna will be in operation for the duration of the project which is expected to be completed on or about February 15 2007 depending on the severity of the weather. Since this work occurs outdoors on a tall broadcast tower, the cooperation of the weather is important to staying on schedule. Excessive cold and/or moderate wind can stop the work scheduled for any given day. For the time being we apologize for this period of low power operation but want you to know that when completed WNJS will be well equipped to deliver you the signal you were used to receiving in the past and in both traditional TV and Digital TV."

This is from the WNJS Web Page

"WNJS Channel 23 South Jersey at very low power for DTV project"

"If you are experiencing poor reception of NJN’s channel 23 signal you are not alone. NJN has begun the final conversion to Digital Television at our WNJS Channel 23 South Jersey station. This conversion requires the replacement of the existing 35 year old antenna and transmission line at our transmitter site. The antenna sits atop a 822 foot tall broadcast tower and weighs in at 15 tons. In order to replace this antenna while remaining on the air, NJN has installed a standby antenna a little lower on the tower. Unfortunately this temporary antenna operates with less power and height and therefore less signal. This antenna will be in operation for the duration of the project which is expected to be completed on or about February 15 2007 depending on the severity of the weather. Since this work occurs outdoors on a tall broadcast tower, the cooperation of the weather is important to staying on schedule. Excessive cold and/or moderate wind can stop the work scheduled for any given day. For the time being we apologize for this period of low power operation but want you to know that when completed WNJS will be well equipped to deliver you the signal you were used to receiving in the past and in both traditional TV and Digital TV."

How does the project effect Dish's signal? Does Dish their get ch 23's signal ota and there for are effected by the reduced signal just as everyone else who gets ch 23 by antenna. I thought the signal was delivered by fiber.

I've found that ch 57 is also delivered ota and when they had their antenna problem Dish customers lost them too.

Ron

Combining Ant and 2 zone video output?

question about my 18 month commitment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts