LNBF1 + LNBF2 => Solo Node
Solo Node Host => Tap
Tap Host => Hopper2
Tap Client => Joey

LNBF3 => Integrator
Integrator HVN => Super Joey
Integrator Client => Solo Node Client

My question.....

I have another TV and have another Hopper here I'd like to add. But as I'm already using all 3 LNBF's, what do I need to do here? Throwing in a Duo Node would add the additional Hopper, but then I wouldn't have the spare LNBF for the SJ, as it requires all 3.

I do have a DPP 44 switch sitting here. Can the Addl Switch output of a DPP 44 be put right into a Duo/Solo Node, or does it have to go to another switch?

I currently have a HWS + SJ + J setup as follows:

Dish 1k2

LNBF1 + LNBF2 => Solo Node
Solo Node Host => Tap
Tap Host => Hopper2
Tap Client => Joey

LNBF3 => Integrator
Integrator HVN => Super Joey
Integrator Client => Solo Node Client

My question.....

I have another TV and have another Hopper here I'd like to add. But as I'm already using all 3 LNBF's, what do I need to do here? Throwing in a Duo Node would add the additional Hopper, but then I wouldn't have the spare LNBF for the SJ, as it requires all 3.

I do have a DPP 44 switch sitting here. Can the Addl Switch output of a DPP 44 be put right into a Duo/Solo Node, or does it have to go to another switch?
I don't know if you can do it or not the question should be will DISH activate your second Hopper.

I don't know if you can do it or not the question should be will DISH activate your second Hopper.
Agree with this as a Super Joey is only available for a single Hopper system. You may need to drop the Super Joey to get a second Hopper activated. If that is the case there are wiring diagrams for a two Hopper system with regular joeys.

Any reason why something like this wouldn't work?

Attachments

• Dual Hopper + SJ.jpg
    Dual Hopper + SJ.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 199
Yes because Dish doesn't allow Super Joeys in systems with more than one Hopper. No ifs ands or buts.

I get that. But supposing (hypothetically) that I self install and the additional hopper is on a different account. Anyone see any issue with the wiring? Would it theoretically work?

The super Joey marries its two tuners to the only hopper in a supported system. There is no logic for choosing which hopper to integrate with so it is unsupported. Doubtful it will work.

Reactions: JSheridan
The super Joey marries its two tuners to the only hopper in a supported system. There is no logic for choosing which hopper to integrate with so it is unsupported. Doubtful it will work.

Exactly. I had 2 Hoppers (2 accounts) and a SJ on one dish/node system and the SJ was very confused. :)

Starz losing subs battle with Ergen looms

Don't like crawls now... let's add some audio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts