Wiring Help

jda_fwisd

Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
Texas
I'm having trouble grasping a wiring concept. Maybe someone can help me out.

I have 2 receivers and 4 tvs. I would like to run 2 tvs off of 1 receiver for the bedrooms, and the other 2 tvs run off the primary receiver in the LR and MBR. I have a few diplexers that were lieing around from a previous installation, but I'm unsure of exactly how I'm supposed to wire things up. Thanks for any help you can provide. (If you can provide a diagram, that would be great) :)

I am assuming you have a single tuner receiver. First run a coax cable from the port on the back of the receiver that says TV 3-4 Out and hook it into the input on a two way splitter. Run another line from the splitter port that says "out" to the first tv. Run the second line from the other splitter port that says "out" to the second tv.

I'm having trouble grasping a wiring concept. Maybe someone can help me out.

I have 2 receivers and 4 tvs. I would like to run 2 tvs off of 1 receiver for the bedrooms, and the other 2 tvs run off the primary receiver in the LR and MBR. I have a few diplexers that were lieing around from a previous installation, but I'm unsure of exactly how I'm supposed to wire things up. Thanks for any help you can provide. (If you can provide a diagram, that would be great) :)

You probably should inform us of what receivers you have and what types of TVs, HD or SD? For dual tuner receivers designed to serve 2 TVs, the diplexers are usually used to backfeed the TV2 output from the receiver back to TV2 via the same cable carrying the signal to the receiver. Another diplexer is then need on the cable run to TV2 to grab the TV2 signal.

The cable from the sat is connected to the sat port of one diplexor. This diplexor is usually at some central distribution point either outside or inside the house. The cable to TV2 is connected to the other "in" port usually labeled as VHF-UHF or TV/Cable, etc. The cable running to the receiver is connected to the "In/Out" port, (the one all by itself on one side). At the receiver, the incoming cable is attached to a second diplexer's "In/Out" port. A cable is then connected to the "Sat" port of the diplexer and then to a separator with its two cables to the sat in ports of the receiver. A cable from the TV2 out port/home distribution port on the back of the receiver is connected to the VHF-UHF/Cable port of the diplexer. The circuit is complete for two TVs. Repeat for the other set.

Last edited:

722 Newbie - Can't select which tuner to record to?!

External Hard Drive VIP 211

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)