Wireless Joey not connecting with Hopper

J_Smooth

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2022
Cedar Springs, MI
Having a problem with a wireless Joey that hadn't been used in a few months. I moved it to a new room and can't get it to connect to the Hopper. Stays on the TV activity screen if I try to go to live TV. That screen is dated 5.29, almost six weeks ago. I've tried working with tech support, who downloaded new software and had me hit the WPS button on the access point, but no luck. They're sending a tech in a few days, but wondered if anyone had any other solutions. I've unplugged both and reset and checked cables. This is the newest Joey and the Hopper Plus home screen comes up but nothing is accessible. DVR is empty even though Hopper is nearly full. Any suggestions would be great.

Having a problem with a wireless Joey that hadn't been used in a few months. I moved it to a new room and can't get it to connect to the Hopper. Stays on the TV activity screen if I try to go to live TV. That screen is dated 5.29, almost six weeks ago. I've tried working with tech support, who downloaded new software and had me hit the WPS button on the access point, but no luck. They're sending a tech in a few days, but wondered if anyone had any other solutions. I've unplugged both and reset and checked cables. This is the newest Joey and the Hopper Plus home screen comes up but nothing is accessible. DVR is empty even though Hopper is nearly full. Any suggestions would be great.
What software version are you showing on the Wireless Joey?

Reactions: charlesrshell
P62901 5/31/2024 1:58
Current software version is P63004.
  1. Take the ethernet cable from the Access Point and connect one end to the Hopper and other end to the Wireless Joey
  2. Connect Wireless Joey to power
  3. Move HDMI from Hopper to Wireless Joey so you're able to see video, but leave Hopper connected to power
  4. Put Wireless Joey in standby
It should allow for a software update this way. Once completed, move everything back and try pairing the Wireless Joey to the Access Point to link to Hopper.

Current software version is P63004.
  1. Take the ethernet cable from the Access Point and connect one end to the Hopper and other end to the Wireless Joey
  2. Connect Wireless Joey to power
  3. Move HDMI from Hopper to Wireless Joey so you're able to see video, but leave Hopper connected to power
  4. Put Wireless Joey in standby
It should allow for a software update this way. Once completed, move everything back and try pairing the Wireless Joey to the Access Point to link to Hopper.
Thanks so much, ready to give it a try. Are you saying that when I put the Joey in standby, that the download happens at that point automatically? And (dumb question) how do I put the Joey in standby?

Thanks so much, ready to give it a try. Are you saying that when I put the Joey in standby, that the download happens at that point automatically? And (dumb question) how do I put the Joey in standby?
No problem!

If the correct files are on the Hopper in Diagnostics > Available Joey Software (P63004), you can either put it in standby and wait
or
Settings > Device Preferences > About > Software Update.

You may need to do the latter twice if it needs a system and APK update. To put the receiver in standby, press and release power on the remote.

Wally W577 software update

DISH Announces New TV Bundle