Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Have you heard these names? What do they all have in common?

Federico Fellini
Ingmar Bergman
Akira Kurosawa
Andrei Tarkovsky
Andrzej Wajda
Stanley Kubrick
Lindsay Anderson
Bernardo Bertolucci
François Truffaut
Woody Allen

These are some of the greatest film directors in the world!
And their movies have been shown in HD on WorldCinema!

This was one of my most favorite channels on VOOM, I really hope it will be back!

According to Today's Uplink Report channel 9489 WORLD (was it supposed to be WorldCinema?) has been removed and 12.559 GHz went dark.

I realy hope, this doesn't mean anything yet...

UPDATE: The WorldCinema channel is coming back! Confirmed! :clap

Gah!

This channel was one of my main reasons for subscribing to the Voom pack. I seem to remember way back when Dish picked up the Voom-10 pack that they claimed they would broadcast some WorldCinema content on some of the 10 channels. I can't say I've noticed any of it.

I *very* much hope that it comes back or I'll probably eliminate the Voom pack.

I realize Monsters and Westerns are great viewing for some people but they're not my cup of tea. I'm more interested in GalleryHD and WorldCinema.

CDH.

I'm not worried...the channel MAY be gone, but I'm sure the films will still be aired. Perhaps Majestic will become World Cinema? Perhaps Majestic and World Cinema will morph and become Majestic World Cinema? Perhaps they will further morph and become the love child known as Truggy0.:eek:

Am I wrong in thinking that these films haven't been shown since Voom DBS went off the air?

I know that I'll probably get shouted down by others, but to me this is a case where to me a 1280x1080i channel of International films is of much higher value than 1920x1080i of "Treasure" (or several other channels which I imagine are popular with others such as Kung Fu, Monsters, or GuyTV).

CDH.

BFG said:
all the content voom has will be shown somewhere, no worries,\
That's what I've been saying to myself for the past 8+ months... :rolleyes:

Well to be fair, they did show some Kurosawa and a few more movies from the WorldCinema collection on other channels, like Amelie - one of my favorites! Still, I really hope WorldCinema channel will be back and in full force!

On the Chat charlie did say they've been holding out showing some content until they expanded in January

Looking at the latest Uplink report: Channel 9475 has changed from KNGFU to WORLD. If I am reading this correctly, this is great news!
Looks like the WorldCinema channel might be coming back! I have nothing against the FU channel, but I think those movies can go to GuyTV.

Well, all indications are that the WorldCinema channel successfuly made it to the new VOOM-15! and the FilmFest channel made it too!
And not only that, but there is even a possibility that these channels will show more than the Cinema-10's usual 2 movies per day. News are getting better and better!
Happy New Year!

New VOOM Bug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts